Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Gynecologist or oncologist

Do most of you have your surgeries performed by gynecologists or gynecologist/oncologist ?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i had the gyn preform my surgery,with a gyn/onc,and 3 other surgeons in the room just in case...i think its a individual basis thing,and it depends on your own situation..sonie
Helpful - 0
A gyn needs another surgeon with them to perform a hysterectomy.  So you are going to get double surgeon charges.  A gyn/onc can do it himself, with a steepened charge, but not as much as double surgical fees.    The gyn/onc also has a better eye for abnormality than the gyn.  Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.
Helpful - 0
I had a gyn/onc but when my cysts ruptured, he said I was now a  candidate for a laparscopic procedure and he does not do those.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the input. My gynecologist did the US and immediately referred me to a gyn/onc . I wondered if that meant he was fairly sure of cancer. (Ihad 9cm complex cyst and THICK endometrium)I am sooooo scared.
Helpful - 0
OK Pam now I'm really scared. Where's MickeyVicki ?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.