Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Need some advice quick

I posted here back a couple of months ago about bleeding after my hysterectomy (in women and health). I found out that it was ok as long as I got the treatment that I needed. I just found out that I have cervical cancer this past weds. The dr is not sure what stage I am at or where it all is. I am soo scared. I have a 15 year old son and my husband died 1 and 1/2 yrs ago from cancer. Does anyone know of anyone that has had this? How long does it take to get well? What are my chances of surviving this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I could use some support in this. The dr order a ct w/dye and I am allergic to the dye, it can cause me to stop breathing. They did the ct w/out dye but said it would be inconclusive. Now, he won't return my phone calls. I am not sure where to turn or what to do.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Sounds like it was caught early.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tascha
Helpful - 0
I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I just wanted to send hugs & prayers to you & your son.
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear of your diagnosis of cancer.  I too think you may have caught it at an early stage since you have had yearly paps.
I'll be praying for you and your son!  Keep us posted on the results of your MRI.
Helpful - 0
I have had normal and abnormal paps since 2000. I actually just got scheduled for an MRI for thursday. I am hoping and praying that this is something that has just started. I am just really wanting to hear from someone that has gone through the surgery and raid and chemo. I am not sure what to expect. I am just looking for some support to help me get through this.
Helpful - 0
Good morning! Have you had regular PAP smears? If so, I'll but it is caught early and that is good. My friends who had cervical cancer are now just fine. Keep on the DR. and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
In cases like your, they can pre-medicate for allergic reaction to the dye or you can have an MRI that does use iodinated contrst.  Also, you can go to Hystersisters.com and look under cancer concerns. There are many women there that have a variety of stages of cervical cancer.  I wish you well and will look for further postings.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.