Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
117289 tn?1391712825

Hormones(?)

O.K. Ladies, help me out.  The nightsweats and hot flashes are still there but not as bad. Still waking up every couple of hours.  Some days I feel pretty good.  However this morning, I feel like I am wound way too tight.  I feel jittery and on edge.  It will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow.  Is this normal?  I have only 10% of my left ovary and haven't gotten my period in 46 days.  Any input would be great! Thanks. ~Tascha
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
What we women have to go through, unreal.  I am not sleeping much either.  Dr. gave me some Lorazepam .5mg for the anxiety.  It really helps.  I just take it when I need to.  I think just knowing that I have it helps!!  I have been taking one at night when I've gone too many nights without much sleep and it seems to relax me enough so that I can sleep.  I don't wake up groggy. I read that menopause causes anxiety and thus triggers all of these other things.  I know when I am wound too tight, I snap at everyone.  I even got mad at the chicken I cooked the other night because it didn't turn out the way I wanted it too and I almost just through it all  away!!  My dh said not to worry he would save it and took care of it.  Just take a deep breath, I am with you sister!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
If you find out what to take for your mood and flashes...Let me know because i can assure you ,i think that i need them and i dont want hormone pills..Today has been a rough day..I find my self raisin  my voice at my hubby and my kids,and one of them is sick right now with the croop and i have not had any sleep so i know that has alot to do with it..But when i break down crying in front of my kids because i feel like i am going crazy,i need help..One moment i am ok and then i feel like either just crying or yelling..One moment i feel like i can conquer the world ,that is how much energy that i have and then all of a sudden i am just drained and feel like i cant move...And the hot flashes are finally settling to where i am just having them at night time which is ok cause i dont sleep anyway..so what ever you find let me know.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I just don't like the idea of any side effects.  I don't want to chance it.  It freaks me out that I had 2 softball sized dermoids - I don't want to do ANYTHING that will cause my body to grow another abnormal cell!!!  I think for now I will stick with the soy and all of you ladies for the moral support and great advice (only side effects are smiles and laughs:-))
Thanks ~ Tascha
Helpful - 0
cip
RE hrt. When I thought I was going to have to undergo a total abdominal hysterectomy, I researched Doc's in my area who had expertise in "bioidentical" hormone replacement. This is the way I would have gone -less side effects, less likely to contribute to cancer, etc.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Thanks for the info!!  Well, I can live with menopause!  I just don't know if I want to do the hrt thing.  I feel a little leary of putting anything unnatural in my body.
Tascha
Helpful - 0
Sounds like menopause to me.

It can take a while for the ovary to heal if it was 'trimmed in size' during your recent  surgery.  Also, two common things happen after surgeries affecting the ovaries.  The first seems to be less common, and it is that the period comes early.  This happened to me after the removal of one ovary.  The other seems to be more common, in that the remaining ovary has to do 'double duty' in taking over the hormone production, so often a woman will only have a period every other month, or have very long monthly cycles.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.