Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Frustrated with Lap results

Hey guys, I'm feeling much better from the laparoscopy.  I'm still quite tired though?!?!  

Now, the reason I HAD THE SURGERY is back! I'm so frustrated right now! They were unable to diagnose and treat this problem - when I know something is not right down there. My period is due in two weeks so, as usual, my lower right side (ovary) area just throbs and stabs with pain. My husband is very frustrated to. He hates seeing me so uncomfortable. He actually had me measure and take pics of my swollen abdomen! Then take pictures/measurements of it at it's "normal" size. Itdoes it every month! It hurts to walk and get comfortable. I have a hard time believing this is all in my head or is Irritable Bowel Syndrome! I've never had bowel problems - constipation, diarhea, etc... Ugh! I want answers..and I want it fixed..I know something is just not right and don't want to be told it could be this or it could be that...or just live with the pain. I'd rather have my period for 2 weeks than have this!

I know I should be happy that it isn't anything serious.

Any advice on what I should ask my dr. when I go back in??
I'm not upset with the dr., just upset that there's not answers!

THanks for listening

Becca
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
You will be tired for a while, so just take it easy.  At least it is nothing serious, but it does sound frustrating.  Sending hugs for a quick recovery.
Tascha
Helpful - 0
I "have" IBS myself, and on the rare occasions that I have problems, I do have swelling and localized pain.  This is  very frustrating for you, I  know.
Helpful - 0
I know that this has to be frustrating to you ,but i was also diagnose with IBS ,while also being diagnosed with the ovarian cyst .They told me that when they scheduled me for surgery for the removal of everything that they could not promise me that all the pain would go away..That if i should start having the abdominal swelling again ,or cramps,spasms ,they would just have to put me on something like a spasmatic med or something in that order...It will be alright ,just dont lose faith in the good lord because he will bring you through it all..I know that it is aggrivating and it is so hard being patient through all of this but dont let the devil still your victory of not having ovarian cancer or anything in that sorts....prayers are sent out to you ...we are all here for you...hugssssssssss...lou
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.