Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Complex cyst and weight gain

I was reading one of the other posts.  I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and there was a complex cyst.  Since that time I have gained nearly 4 - 5 pounds, I have really puffy ankles and a lower back pain.  Are these the symptons that others have had?

Thanks for all of your help.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hashimoto's is a thyroid disorder.
Helpful - 0
What is Hashimoto's disease???
Helpful - 0
It's had a huge impact on my life!  I had no idea what was wrong with me...I found a lump on my neck and freaked.  My thyroid is very large and has lots of nodules (eeek).  I have to have a biopsy this month on it.  They don't seem to be able to find my proper dosage of meds...I'm tired all the time...down in the dumps a lot.  Gained a ton of weight (after losing over 60 pounds the year before).  It's been a year and I'm still not regulated. The endo said I have "Hashimoto's to beat the band"  lol  It's very overwhelming at times...you just don't have the "oomph" to do anything, nor do you care.  How old is your niece?  I hope she finds a good endo so she can get the proper medicine and be on the road to feeling better.  Good thing about this is you're supposed to feel normal when they get you regulated (or so I've heard!).
Helpful - 0
I have a niece who has Hashimoto's also; how has this disease impacted your life? Thanks in advance for your time and for sharing your experiences.   Peace.  dian
Helpful - 0
No...I don't have those symptoms. (have a complex cyst on my ovary too) I gained weight but it's not from the cyst (Hashimoto's disease is most likely the culprit).
I would think the lower back pain would be a symptom? I would tell your doctor though.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.