Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Abnormal uterus wall

hello, everyone. i am writing because i have a few questions. i went to hospital to pick up films from ultrasound to give to ob/gyn appointment(which they can not see me until feb.21).My first question is does anyone know what is the normal size of the endometrial echo? my report says up to 20mm(mildly heterogeneous). Another question is that the report said i have physiologic follicles on my right and left ovaries, but no masses were identified. What are physiologic follicles? Are the cysts? i have had one cyst removed about 7 years ago. Another question what does thickened endometrium mean? And my last question is has anyone ever heard of a test or evaluation called histerosonography and what is it? thank you for any information you may have it will be helpful. i am going to have to be patient until my ob/gyn appointment.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Hey there, Sue,
Hysterosonography is a technique by which the uterus can be photographed offering more detail than a regular US, a TVUS, and sometimes, even a D&C.                                    An ultrasound is done after the uterus is partially filled with sterile saline(introduced through the vaginal canal and cervix). From what I have read, the procedure is only slightly uncomfortable, and, it offers a great deal more information.
The follicles being referredd to are the "fingers" that guide the egg into the fallopian tube at ovulation; I am not certain what, if anything, is meant by 'physiologic' preceeding the word.
I am not absolutely certain, but I seem to remember 6mm to be in the average endometrial thickness.
Your patience is quite rare in this arena!  
I hope Peace continues to follow you   dian
Helpful - 0
Thank you for responding. i was able to get a hold of my doctor and he called the ob/gyn i am going to see and asked her to see me sooner. so, i have an appointment feb.9 instead of feb.21. i am really happy about that, so i can try to find out what is going on. thanks again.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.