Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Crampiness that moves from one spot to another

I have been putting off going to the doctor because the pain I have in my lower right side is not extreme pain, just crampiness. The same with the back pain, nothing too severe, just there. Plus, this sounds strange, but sometimes the crampiness is lower on the side, and sometimes it is higher, like right next to my belly button. So, I am not sure if it is indeed my ovary that is hurting. Has this happened to anyone else?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Me too, started on the lower right then bloomed to the upper right and lower left (with a side of back pain) Doc was almost ssure I had appendicites. Almost wish I did, then I wouldn't have to wait for my Doc to get back to find out what to do about this thing.   Hope it gets better for you, if it gets worse seek help and MAKE them give you drugs. They let me wrihe for five hours before the nurse bullied them into giving me morphine (after I swore on a stack of bibles that I was POSTIVE I wasn't preggies because I hadn't been exposed in a long while.)
Helpful - 0
What did they find at the emergency room? How long did you have these symptoms before you went in?
Helpful - 0
Those are my exact same symptoms.  Cramping on the lower right side, with lower back pain.  Should probably go get checked out.  I ignored it and let it go too long and ended up having to go to the emergency room twice.

Now for some reason I'm hurting more on the left side, too.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I would ask for both.  That is what I had done.
Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I think that is called referred pain, where you have something on the right side, but the pain comes on the left.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your response. What kind of tests should I ask for? Just a regular ultrasound or a transvaginal ultrasound? I want to make the most of the visit.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I had similar symptoms, plus irregular & very heavy periods.  I put off going, but finally did.  I ended up having dermoids (2 large softball sized)  I too put off going to the dr. until my regular check up since I wasn't in a lot of pain).  Had the dermoids removed along with ovaries 6 weeks ago.  Dermoids are benign.  Go to your dr.  Make sure you have a list of questions that you want to ask (just so you don't forget).  Keep us posted and sending a hug.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.