Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
117289 tn?1391712825

Mickey or Raven can you help me with this?

Mickey or Raven I am hoping that you can help me with this.  I am 6 1/2 weeks post op, 2 very large dermoids + right ovary and 90% of left ovary removed.  I also had left tube tied/cut (whatever, I am 45 - 2 great kids).  On 2/1 my dh and I were romantic - and 2 days later I had a sharp quick stab of pain on left side, after that it was just sore so I took advil and it went away.  This week same thing and 2 days later sharp pain, then just soreness + the advil takes it away.  After all I've been through, I am worried that something might be growing again!  Also it has been 51 days since my last period.  Please let me know what you think, since I'm thinking about calling my gynie tomorrow.  Thanks for any input.
~Tascha
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Arlington is not so bad.  My dad is buried at the Arlington National Cemetary, so I visit often.  They do have a limit in DC as to how tall buildings can be (security purposes I suppose)  Hope you are resting and taking care of yourself, even as you are working.  Take Care!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are too much!!  I see you are in DC, I'm just about 45 min away in sleepy Charles County, MD.  Thankyou  for all the great advice and encouragement, it means so much!!  I still have hotflashes and night sweats, but not as bad as before.  Who knows, menopause can be a good thing for us wild chicks (ha ha).
Take care and have a good trip, try not to work so hard!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Thank you so much for your insight and info.  I just wasn't sure what was going on.  Hope all is going well for you, this is a great site with so many women who have been through the same thing.  You are wonderful.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
It takes at least 6 weeks for tissues to regenerate and really start to heal, even though you probably have been feeling pretty ok, doesn't mean you're ready for action.  If it hurts, don't do it (what a bummer!).  Also, possibly too much info.  But, be gentle when you do it, you had alot of tissue trauma in there and things are probably still re-settling.  If the pain is strickly sex related (not pain during defecation, urination, stretching or bending over) I wouldn't worry about it too much, just give it time.  If it gets worse or continues for much longer, or if Advil no longer resolves the pain you could have adhesions, which is a type of scar tissue.  

Regarding the missed periods.  Your poor 10% of an ovary has been totally traumatized.  While it is still producing hormones they are probably not regulated yet and certainly not ready to pop out an egg.  So, I'm not surprized that you haven't had a period yet.  Hang in there.  Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I've been reading your posts too, perhaps you have some knowledge about this?  Thanks for everything!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.