Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Had U/S nothing found...really upset!

I know it sounds stupid to be upset that nothing was found on an ultra sound, but I'm really frustrated.  I have such sensative ovaries and pelvic area, that I cannot walk, sit or even sneeze without a sharp pain from one or the other ovary.  The pressure from the tech doing the US almost made me tear up.  I had break through bleeding today from my gyno trying out a new bc to try and suppress my chronic cysts.  I couldn't walk for 2 days last week.  I had the bleeding at work and all I had was a tampon, I almost cried it hurt so bad.  I do have a history of endo, could it be back?  I've never hurt like this before and I'm so upset that nothing was found.  At least if they found something I would know what is going on.  So...I guess its off to the OR again.  I'm going to give up on this and just have my ovaries out.  I need to have a normal life.  6 years of this is enough.  My only other option is going back on Lupron and I REFUSE to do that again.  Besides, when I have sex with my husband I cramp so badly that I vomit.  Kind of kills your sex life.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know how frustrated that you feel.  My doctor had been watching some cysts for about 6 mths when they decided to "leak" rupture, whatever they did.  Anyway, I was convinced they had become larger because my symptoms were worse. When I was told they had "resolved" but there was a large amount of fluid left in the cul de sac, I was shocked.  I am having a diagnostic lap to see what is really going on.  He is doing this based on my pain and the collection of fluid seen on two u/s post "rupture".  Keep pressing your doctor to find what is realy going on.  We do not "make-up" these "symptoms" just because.
Helpful - 0
Hi Penny, I am not a doctor (but I play toothfairy on tv) but I do have endometriosis. It sounds like many symptoms of endometriosis to me. Unfortunately the only way to find out for sure is laproscopy. keep us posted
Helpful - 0
A Dr. Cook has a website about endometrosis.  I don't have the main page bookmarked, so you'll have to search around from this one:
http://www.drcook.com/current.html

I tried sending him a question and go no response, but the information is more informative than I've seen elsewhere.    Maybe it will help you narrow down what's happening for you?  

As look as I'm writing about books, I came across questions and answers by a Dr. Parker who wrote "A gynecologist's Second Opinion".  I haven't looked at the book (it's at barns & noble), but his internet answers seemed grounded and more complete than I've seen elsewhere:
http://www.gynsecondopinion.com/endometriosis.htm

Good luck sorting this out!
Cheri

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.