Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CA125 Results

Well my Gyn called last night - my CA 125 results came back....47.  She called the Gyn/Onc and he wasn't too worried.  On a good note, the Gyn/Onc will be accredited at the hospital I'm to have surgery at on Feb 16th!!  Soooo, guess who will be the first one for him at this hospital?  Yup, I'm scheduled for Feb 17....they will be removing everything (not sure what that is called).

I'm not worried about the surgery and I'm glad I don't have to wait until March to have it done.  What I am worried about "might" find....

Thanks for listening!
Candy
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
That's the problem, the worring prior to surgery.  It is a shame that they can't figure out what we have going on without doing the surgery.  Sounds like your dr is not too concerned, so take it easy and try to relax(easier said than done, I know).  Take some time for yourself.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Sending you a big hug:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi Candy

Well we are going to be having our surgery a day apart frome each other, I have seen the Gyn today and he has booked my surgery for Thursday 16th Feb, Lapartomy to remove a 'tumour' 26cm x 15cm along with both ovaries.  I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago so know the kind of pain that is just a little over a week away but just for info, I found that peppermint cordial helped with the gas build-up which I found more painful than the actual operation site.  

I will be thinking of you as we both get nearer our surgery date, rest as much as you can (thats' what I'm trying to do) and try to keep your mind occupied so you dont think about it all too much.

Anne-Marie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.