Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Surgery Update

Ok..I will try to give a quick update while I eat my lunch.Then I need to lay back down.I am exhausted..I had my TAH/BSO 02-03-06.I came home 02-05-06..To soon if you ask me..Ok So here is what the Dr told me before I left.He removed the ovaries which had a few more cysts on them and the uterus he said was very mushy and sponge like.He called it andometerosis?? Not endometerosis.Not sure what the difference is.I got 17 staples.They are to be removed tomorrow..I am ok,pain isnt TO bad but it is there.I am ok as long as I dont let the pain meds wear off to much..He started me on premarin 0.625 I believe.I have a hard time with BM's though.Is there anything to help that along.Or the gas..Thats bad too..The Dr did end up signing the FMLA papers,his nurse was wrong about all that.My DH was there with me the whole time and is allowed to take the next 2wks off to be with me.Thank God..I couldn't do it without him.Our 2yr is VERY hyper.And a mommas girl.She doesnt understand why she cant climb on me..Anyway I need to rest..If I left anything out please let me know and I will sure tell you anything you want or need ot know.Thanks so much for your support ladies..Love ya'll ladies..Tonya
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
The pain meds will constipate you, so you need a stool softner, but nothing with fiber.  Also the gas pain can be bad, try to drink hot tea, that seems to help.  Sounds like you are doing great and that you have good news.  Drink plenty of juice and rest, rest, rest.  So glad DH is there for you.  Sending you a big hug!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Oh ya, and avoid the use of bubbly beverages and stwars for drinking.  Both cancause gas to worsen.  Feel better!  Mary- How are you feeling?
Helpful - 0
cip
Glad to hear that you are o.k.- a TAH is a big surgery to go through. Also Glad to hear that your husband was able to get  the time off work to help you and the FMLA worked! Wishing you a quick, uncomplicated recovery!
Helpful - 0
Hi Tonya- You are doing great and seems like you're really a strong woman.  I have some suggestions:  gas pains can be improved by use of simethicone (available by Rx, or over the counter as Gas-X);  for the difficult BMs you could try a stool softener such as docusate sodium (Doss or Colace).  Stay far away as someone mentioned above, from bulk forming or stimulant laxatives.  Drink PLENTY of fluids, that wil really help with BMs and with tissue healing.  (Nothing I say on this forum replaces the advise of a health care practitioner.  I am just offering practical advise.)  

The adno--- your surgeon mentioned might be adenomyosis which from what I gather is overgrowth of the glanduar tissue within your uterus muscles.  The glands produce hormones that stimulate the production of your uterine lining for your period.  For more info see below (sorry, very medicalish terminology)http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic737.htm

Rest and feel better!
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies.I am doing ok.Had a BM this morning with no help from meds.It wasnt that bad.I go to have the staples removed in the morning.Hope that doesnt hurt to much.I just have this weird pulling feeling at the insision site.Like the staples are pulling. I will post as soon as I get back from the Dr to report what he says.Thanks again ladies.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.