Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

can anyone relate or give ideas?

hi i am new to this. iam not much of a computer person but i am seeking any info possible.i am 32 and was diag. with granulosa cell tumor ovar. cancer in 2003, hads surgery and lost ovary but was fortunate no chemo. about four months ago my onocol. found cyst since then have had three ultrasounds and i went from one cyst to five and now , i had third ultrasound yesterday and since being on b. c. pills have only one visible but have blood in pelvis.  wondering if the cancer is back ? first time had softball size tumor burst being cancer. i have appt. with my onocol. tommorow. probably looking at another surgery. inhibin level and ca125. are good.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I specifically asked my gyno-onc how the frozen sections compared to the final pathology reports (for fear of errors).  She said she's see the pathology report differ from the frozen section in both directions, and so the frozen section isn't absolute.  There's prework and procedures used with the pathology tests that can't be done at the time of the frozen section.  She also said that she's found the frozen section reading is usually conservative (in favor of benign and borderline instead of straight malignant).  I assume because they don't want doctor's taking out stuff for cancer and then going, ops, we didn't need to.  She said for women who want to keep stuff she recommends minimual removal the first time, and to go back in only if need be.
Helpful - 0
i hope to know more tommorow on what my dr. suggests , in the  last six  months  he has mentioned hysterectomy , but i am not sure. for me it seems like a good decision as far as preventive measures for the future but , being young i don't want to. thank you for your response. was yours cancer? what type? if you don't mind sharing , it feels good to talk to someone my husband always wants me to think possitive , but i try to be realistic also. it all feels like something on my shoulders that can hit when you least expect it.
Helpful - 0
Brel,
My instance was cysts they had been watching.  The left had a papillary projected mass in it.  I experienced some pressure the last week of the year but nothing that I would call pain. A preop u/s revealed resolution of the cysts and my cul de sac full of fluid(no type given).  The gyn/onc has sent me back to my gyn who is going to do a laparoscopic procedure Fri to explore whats going on.  I am 31 and felt like our symptoms were quite similar.  i do know that you could have just a simple cyst going on right now and I wish I had more info for you. You would think that the fact your labs are okay would signal no cancer, but I too would have the underlying fear.  Thank you for replying and I will be watching for more of your posts.  In the meantime, hope for the best.  When will they let you know what they decide to do with the cyst and blood?
Helpful - 0
the dr. who performed the ultrasound said it was blood. to answer you about the rupture, one day i woke up and passed out in the bathroom and went to the emergency room from ther , i had expierenced alot of pressure and had not had a cycle for eight months. first my reg gyno did the surgery and removed my ovary. and called me about three weeks later to say it was cancer. the thought had never even crossed my mind. i was shocked. so she refered me to my onocologist and i see him every four month . but now i am scared what if it has come back.
Helpful - 0
I am concerned about the wait some are experiencing for pathology results.  Mine was diagnosed as benign (thanks be) before I was out of the surgical recovery room!  Do you know the delay?
Helpful - 0
I don't have any idea.  I won't know anything until after I have the exploratory on Friday.  The gyn was thinking it was probably cancerous when he sent me to the gyn/onc, but when they"leaked", the gyn/onc sent me back to the gyn for this exploratory.  the gyn/onc was going to do full hysterectomy and I had was scheduled for that Jan13.  I have three children, have had a tubal ligation and I am not afraid to take hormone therapy.  The exploratory will give my gyn an idea of what is going on and he may remove my left ovary and tube.  I am sure you , your husband and doctor will find the best solution together.  My husband know nothing medical and I sometimes feel I see all the ugly stuff which scares you even more. I do xray in a cancer center-enough said.
Kristie
Helpful - 0
You say you have blood in pelvis, how have they determined what the fluid is?  Also, the tumor that ruptured, how did you know about it and when was it first found?  I of course do not have any information for you but I am seeking some of my own if you do not care to share.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.