Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Doctor's apt.

hi ladies, i went to my gyn apt. yesterday and she said that i have endometrial hyperplasia and a polyp. she said that i have to have a D&C and a hysteroscopy. she said she does not think she will find anything bad. what does she mean bad? i thought she probably has to say that just in case. also, i had a question, my doc scheduled both procedures at the same time at the hospital, but she did not schedule them for 3 weeks (until March 6). is that a good/ normal time or does people usually get the procedure done faster than 3 weeks? i am just being inpatient. i want it done now, but i do understand that my gyn has other patients and babies to deliver. well, any opinions or comments will be appreciated. thank you.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Try not to worry.  I know that it is easier said than done.  I also had a uteran polyp which was removed along with 2 softball sized dermoids in my ovaries.  All was benign!!!!  If you feel good about your ob/gyn and trust her, than trust what she is telling you.  She doesn't see a need to rush and that is good.  Keep me posted, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
thank you for your comments and kind words. i will keep you posted. i do believe in her. she has been ob/gyn for 36 years.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.