Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian Cancer sonogram

Dr suspects Ovarian Cancer, had the CA125 blood test done yesterday as well as a the internal sonagram.   The sonagram hurt pretty bad when she was concentrating on my right ovary.  Feels like she woke the "monster" within me!  

If you took those tests how long did it take to get results back for those tests?  Did the sonagram hurt?  What is next step is CA125 is elevated and sonagram indicates a problem?   surgery?

Kind of scared here....
Kathleen
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ca-125 usually only takes one day if it is done local. Cannot remember how long test took I think I had a Dr.appt rwo or three days after with results.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
So sorry that you are going through this.  Just try to relax and take a deep breath.  I had two monsters in me (softball sized dermoids on each ovary)  Both were removed 12/21/2005 and were benign.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Let us know what your results are.  There are others on this post that will have more info regarding your situation than I, but just know that I am here for you.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.