Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi I'm new! U/S shows big Complex Cyst

Hi, I've been researching cysts on the internet for 2wks, and I've finally decided to post here...My cycles have been getting progressively longer (since June 05)I have been going 6wks with no period and it lasts only 4days (no complaints on that)...just wanted to make sure I was okay...I've had sharp brief pelvic pain and cramps with no period, have been having hot flashes too...lots watery discharge on occasion....I mentioned this to ob-gyn at my well woman visit..I asked if it is scar tissue (I've had 2 c-sections)...He said it sounds like scar tissue and he didn't feel anything when he pushed on my abdomen...I had some hormonal blood work done and test for PCOS...all were normal....I had an u/s 2days after my check-up because the dr. wanted to check just to be sure...It was done on the 1st day of my period...Anyway, I'm 26 and had a transab and transvag done and the doc tells me the u/s shows a 5.1 cm complex cyst with debris in it on my right ovary...He said to get another u/s in 6-8wks(from date of last u/s) He says if it hasn't decreased in size that I will have surgery...I have scheduled my next u/s for March 3rd.
Does the "wait and see" approach sound reasonable for a cyst this size?? Do all complex ones necessitate surgery? Will my ovary be removed? Is it probable that this is malignant and Will this kind come back even it's benign??
I really don't wanna' wait 3 more wks. to see what the next u/s shows...I don't like knowing this thing the size of a racquet ball is in me!
Any comment is appreciated!! Thank you.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome to fold Raynbow.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I know the waiting is the hardest part, but we are here and will wait with you.
~
Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi there and welcome to this forum, you'll be soooo glad you found it cos the support and advice you will get on here is from women who know exactly how you feel and can speak in plain english rather than 'doctors terminology' for our very complex internal plumbing!!

All I can say to you is take whatever advice the Doc/Gyn gives you with this cyst.  I ignored the early warning signs,  feelings of being bloated with bouts of mild constipation, occasional pain during intercourse, pelvic pain and a swelling abdomen thinking I just needed to change my diet and do some exercise. When I finally admitted things werent' right and visited the local walk in clinic I was sent for lots of tests inc US, CAT SCAN, CA-125, the list goes on ....it turns out I've had an abdominal mass for more than 9 months and its a whopping 26cm x 15cm. I've started calling it 'the alien' and its scheduled to be removed Thursday 16th along with both ovaries.  

Get yourself sorted sooner rather than later, listen to your body and if you dont feel right then get it checked and sorted...that's what the medical profession is there for ;-)

I'll check in to see how you are so let us all know you're ok, I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you ... Keep smiling :-)

Anne-Marie
Helpful - 0
Hi there,
I had a 5cm complex cyst with debris or solid looking areas about two weeks ago.  I went for a second opinion 4 days later and it was only 2.5cm, so it appears to be shrinking.  I go back in 2 more weeks to make sure it continues to shrink.  Hope this helps.
Meridith
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.