Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pre-op Appointment

Well, I had my pre-op appointment yesterday - guess all paperwork, bloodwork, etc is ready for Friday....not too sure I am!!!  I received the results from my second US that was taken on 2/9 (two weeks after the first one)....seems this cyst has grown approximately 1.5cm in that time frame :(

I can't wait until this is over with!  I do have a question for anyone who has gone through a TAH/BSO that rides horses - how long were you out of the saddle?

Thanks
Candy
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Anytime, girlfriend, anytime.  Laughter is the best meds!!
God Bless.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
When you ride "English" as opposed to "Western"  you do what is called posting when the horse trots.  Although it can be done while riding western, it is generally done while riding english.  Posting is when you rise up out of the saddle to avoid the bounciness of the trot (when the outside front leg is forward, your butt is out of the saddle)  Hope this helps, as it has been a good many years since I have been riding horses.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
LOL!!!!  Thanks for the laugh....:)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Mary, did you get your own joke??  Equestrians posting?  HA HA  Being a former (well, it never leaves you) one myself, I just got a "kick" out of it.  Hugs to both of you and I hope you find answers.  I am sure it will be a while, since riding really uses all those abs.  As is always noted, if it hurts, don't do it.  You will ride again, just give it some time for your body to heal.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.