Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

watchful daggon waiting!!

Friday I had the c-125 test and today I had a pelvic MRI.  I know that the doc received the results of all my tests, but he has not called me yet to discuss.  I am trying to be patient, but I just want something.  Tell my the cyst disappeared or tell me that it is something that can be handled with a pill!!!  Or tell me the other possibility so I can at least know (or sorta know) what the heck we are dealing with.  By the way, the first five minutes I had to keep from frieking out.  The combination of noise and being so closed can really get that adrenaline going.  Sorry this is not a question.  More of a vent
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry to come from the other side. It takes time for a doctor to explain the report to you and therefore he would like you to make an appointment so he can be compensated for his time in explaining it to you.  Bummer truth.

Also, transcription of imaging reports (or really, any transcription) usually takes at least a day or more.  That means the nurse, imaging department, whomever, would have nothing to print out and tell you or give to you until this is done.  

Therefore, if the doc has just the images on DVD, online or whatever, he does not necessarily have the radiologist's report yet. The radiologist is consulted to 1) obtain image, and 2) describe the findings on the image.  The doc would have limited interprative indulgence on the images alone (depending on his/her experience) and probably would rather wait for a written description before mulling it over and presenting the information to you.  I hope this makes sense.  It is just the reality of the medical hand-off.  Meanwhile we all wait with anxiety looming.  Sorry, wish I could fix it.
Helpful - 0
I am so frustrated I want to cry.  Remember yesterday I said that the doc wanted me to come in to discuss the results?  Well I was so angry at that point that I didn't make an appointment with him.  I wanted to see if I could just get the results myself directly from the radiologist.  Well today, the radiologist refused to give me a copy of the report until after I spoke with my doctor. She said it was their office policy.  Well this is not precisely true.  I can get a copy of the report if I give them a written request.  But that could take weeks. So I swallowed my pride and stubborness, and called the doc's office AGAIN.  His secretary said that he is not in today.  I left a message for him to call me back, but who knows when he will get to it?  Now I have feel like I have no choice but to do it his way, make a stupid appointment and come in. I to believe that fear is not from God.  But I still feel a little sick to my stomach and am having thoughts.  Mostly because of my Jewish heritage and the fact that my grandmother lost a breast to breast cancer when she was my age. I am just taking deep breaths, praying for peace now and have again decided to shut my brain down and play with the kids.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I am praying with you.  May God fill you with His Peace.  Have fun with the kids!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Actually you can go to the medical records office and present them with a picture ID and they have to give you a copy of your report.  simply tell them you are going to see your doctor and that you want to make sure he has the report since medical records often do not find themselves to be where they need to be efficiently.  Every lab, xray, u//s that I have had, I have had a copy of the report in my hands. Are you in the states?  It is a "law" persay they have to give you a copy.
Helpful - 0
I am praying for you.  Go in with a clear head and ask lots of questions.  Make sure you don't leave that office without some peace of mind.  Keep us posted :)
Helpful - 0
When are you going in?  Let us know as soon as you can.  Now I am anxious for you.
Helpful - 0
I feel so frustrated for you!!  Call, call, and call some more!
Helpful - 0
I called again and got the nurse.  She felt bad for me and disclosed that my c-125 came back normal.  She said that she had not seen the doctor's report on the MRI (my doc gets a CD of the exam) and that the radiologists report was not in yet.  She also said that the doc wanted to discuss the results of the MRI with me in person.  G thanks that's great!  So I called the radiologist and they told me that their report was not yet dictated and that I would have to wait for my doc or for the report to be dictated.  So I have given up thinking for the night.  I have to go in and see the doc tomorrow.  Honestly, the whole "you have to come in" thing scared me a bit, but I don't think the MRI could possible show anything more than what we already know from the transvag US
Helpful - 0
I called.  He wants me to come in and does not want to give me results over the phone.  He didn't even speak with me.  His nurse did.  I really like my doctore for the most part, but I don't think he realizes the level of anxiety he causes when he does not give me the info I want.  I am calling the MD imaging place.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, any word yet?  If not, call again!!!!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
If he does not call me by 4:45, I am calling him again!
Helpful - 0
I can't believe you did not have earplugs.  That is ridiculous.
Helpful - 0
I drove over to my doctor's office and presented myself at the reception window and made them promise he'd call me as soon as he got back from lunch.  Then, as I was driving out, he was walking through the parking lot....almost ran him down....he called me 20 minutes later.

YOU are what's important here.  I'm not always a fan of being a pain in the @ss, but in this case, go all out!

Julie

Helpful - 0
Hi sista! Well, the report is probably on someone's desk. I would be on the phone asking for the results. I HATE MRIs. The first time they did not give me ear plugs. Don't know your age or situation but I would not put too much emphasis on the ca125. Keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
You can also request a copy of your reports because they belong to you.  You tell them you are seeing doctor so and so, they give you a copy and you have it in your hands when he gives you his version of the interpretation.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Just do what I did, pick up the phone and call!!!  I bugged my dr. until I got the info I needed.  I am sure I was a royal pain in the #@$, but oh well, it is my body and I had to know.  Good luck and thinking about you.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.