Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm Back!!

Hi girls...I'm home!  I had surgery Tues.(2/14) at 12:30pm, and I got home today.  My biggest relief was that "I WOKE UP" I was more afraid of the anethesia than anything else! I would've been home yesterday, except I was having lots of pain from the gas they inflate you with.  Even though I forced myself to walk, it was pretty bad.  Then the Darvocet(?)they gave me for pain was making me feel achy...almost like I had the flu.  So, to make a long story short, the gas is gone, I'm now on Tylenol #3's...and I'm home! They took my left ovary due to a "softball" sized cyst, my left tube and removed a golfball sized cyst from my right ovary but were able to save that ovary.  They removed 17 staples right before I left the hospital and now I just have the steri-strips.  I'm sore...but it's getting better...except when my "funny boy" 13yr. old son and husband decided to put a helium balloon in my ponytail while I was walking into the house and I laughed and cried so hard that I almost exploded!  I hope everyone else is doing good also!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the RS Smakosgirl.  Isn't that gas the worst?  I, unfortunately, couldn't pass ANY of it and they had to do 2 Harris flushes on me in order to get it out.  That's why I ended up back in the hospital 2 days later.  Tooting away and proud of it now :-D.  

Take it easy this first few days.  Just when you think you're feeling great, you have a tendency to over-do and then you're down for the count for a couple of days.  Let everyone take care of you.

Have a great pain-free, relaxing day.

Juilie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
So glad to have you back home and resting.  Take it easy and let your body heal.  Welcome to the Reovery Side!!  Sending you a big hug!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
So glad to see you are home and everything went well!!! I usually lurk more than post, and I had gone far enough back in the posts last nite and saw your post for your surgery. I was wondering how things went for you, and am glad you posted to let us know how you are doing. Take it easy! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!
Miranda
Helpful - 0
Hi, I've only been here for about a week, but I "lurked" for awhile before that! I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and ask you what kind of cysts you had? And did you get the labs back yet?  
I'm soon to be 27 with a 5.1cm complex with debris (poss. hemorrhagic) on rt ovary. F/u u/s is in 2wks and then will see if I have to have surg. too.
I witnessed a friend of mine trying to cope with the pain of the gas settling in her shoulders after her lap., she looked so tired and achy for a couple of days......Hope you feel better soon!
~Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.