Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Let's wait for Dawn (BluesgrlIN) Together

Hello Ladies,
     Well no word from Dawn but hope that just means they kept her in the hospital and are getting her the care she needs!  Boy will she have some catching up to do!  The wait is not so bad when we can get to know each other a little bit better.  
     Tonya (Txbrowneyes) with her suddenly six kids, the Orlando vacation should be a blast but I imagine you will constantly have to take roll call!  Dian from Iowa and Sonie in Ohio both have seven kids so you three have much to share!  
     Rhonda (Ronie) in Florence South Carolina with her two teenage girls thought she would have the energy to job hunt back in January during her RS.  I thought I would have the motivation to get my roots done on the RS, wrong!  Anyway, I
22 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What a cool idea that was.  Sorry to have missed it. I think my nearest neighbors are Kathy O in my own town of Bellingham WA, and Moosiejb near my old home town, also in WA.  Hope alls well GIRLS.
Helpful - 0
WHAT A GREAT THREAD!!! I am new and hate that I can't get a profile of any of you so I get a kind of mental picture but here it all is right on this thread! Thank you so much ravenlady!

I am in Parkersburg wv!! I have been here 8 years, was near kalamazoo MI for 12yrs  and raised near Dayton, OH so I noticed several "neighbors". Is ther a place or thread for introductions so I can get to know some of you? I have been on several of these kind of support sites for various things they thought might be the root of my medical mysteries but never such an active and caring group of friends! I'd say you can't know what that means to me...but I know you do.

I hope we hear from Dawn soon. I think I will have my 13 year old daughter report on me after my surgery so you will know. Kind of sounds pathetic but my mom is gone and I am supposed to be the matriarch of the family so can't wine to them.   Cindi
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Of course you can whine, that is what we are hear for.  We are great listners!!  Please feel free to vent at any time!  I hope all is well with you today, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I grew up in Schenectady, but later moved to Long Island, then Queens.  I also went to school in Rochester for a while :)
Helpful - 0
I'm now in northern WV along the OH River!  I was raised in Morgantown.  This is a beautiful state and it is my home. I'm proud to be a Mountaineer!!  I'm also a WVU alumni...
Helpful - 0
North, South or Central WV? I grew up in the southern coalfields but relocated to south central. I love this state.  A perfect mix of all the seasons.
Helpful - 0
My husband is from the north, too.  He is Maryland border more east of you, about an hour away from Morgantown.  He graduated from WVU so we are die-hard Mountaineer fans.  Hopefully they make it far come tournament time.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Where in NY are you from.  My dh (Greg) is from Little Falls, outside of Utica.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Gee, I don't know, are you permitted to laugh so much!!  You are too funny.  Maybe mom will let you lick the beaters or the spoon.  Just try to control yourself!  
~luv, Tascha
Helpful - 0
I am from West Virginia-not hillbilly fashioned, though.  West Virginians get a tough rap sometimes.  A pharmacist friend of mine is from Minnesota.  To those of you in Virginia, I have family there and my dad is in Texas.
Helpful - 0
hey girls,
I like that better than (ladies) it makes us sound so young. JGmom I am sorry about your son. Sounds like you're really strong stay that way you both need it. My daughter gets homeschooled now too.
I am hoping she will be able to return next school season. She just gets way too much chemo so her poor little immune is down.
Gatsby and Raven I love the fact that you  know pretty much everyone on the board and you are both so concerned about other peoples problems as well. Oh yeah and I live in Illinois yuk!
I hope everyone has a painfree and stress free day!!!!!!!!
Wish me luck I am off to the doctor for my second u/s.
Carrie
Helpful - 0
I'm not a hillbilly either!  I have lived in this state for 41 of my 42 years.  My father transferred us all here in 1965.. My Mother, 2 brothers and 4 sisters!  I'm the only one that stayed... as my family says, last one to leave, turn out the lights!
Helpful - 0
Wow, I'm bummed that I missed the "party".  It was fun reading all the posts and getting to know everyone, though.  You all sound like a great bunch of girls :).  As for myself, I live in Orlando,FL, although my true home is NY (once a NYer always a NYer), and I have an awesome husband (Ed) and four beautiful children Christopher 10, Sarah 8, Matthew 6, and Sophie 4.  I am a stay-at-home mom, but previously worked in NYC (before kids)in marketing.  I love to cook (I am Italian :)), write, and do most things outdoors.  I also spend some of my time as a pro-life speaker and activist(a peaceful one).  I feel very blessed to have found this forum, and I have so much respect for each of you.  Keep posting!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Carrie, I admit I use the word "ladies" I will now switch to girls!!!  I wasn't thinking age, but you are right.  None of us needs to feel old on top of everything else!  I hope that you and your daughter are having a good and pain free day.  Do you get to take today off since it is president's day?  My dh had to work, but the kids and I are home so I am taking them iceskating.  I don't skate, so no need to make a complete fool of myself.  Talk to you soon!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi RavenLady - I'm from New Brighton (before that St Paul and Mendota Hts) -  I know where Richfield is too...just down 494 or 62 across the bridge - near the MOA.  I didn't have a choice on homeschooling my oldest boy b/c of his health problems and learning needs.  I had hoped that he could be in a school by now, but at least I feel very lucky to be able to do it at home.  I'm not too sad about my divorce - except it is sort of sad in principle, like anyone else, not the way I hoped it would turn out when I got married, etc.  Again I feel lucky to have landed on my feet w/ it and I got my boys and, most of all, they came through it happier than they were before.  Now I just hope to get lucky w/ this ovary & BP nightmare.  Have you found a good local Dr that you really like?  I was so bad before all this health stuff arose this past Summer and hadn't seen a Dr since my almost-9-yr-old was born.  So I just saw 2 to get opinions and then went with who would get the dang thing out quickest and who was a gyn/onc just in case. Usually, I am so careful about Drs for my sons, but having this ovary thing hanging over me is crazy-making and I just want the surgery over and to know what's there.  Even though none of the Drs I asked agree w/ me, my instinct is that all my health problems are related and the ovary thing is something that is at least obvious to fix.  Winter finally hit here - didn't it?  My body forgot what it was like and I'm a cold wimp.  Nice to e-meet you.
Helpful - 0
Oops, Mary, I must have been writing on the other thread while you were writing to say you were starting a new one. :) So my detailed tidbits are on that thread.

My aunt lives in Florence, SC Ronie! Been there many times, although not recently, it's beautiful there. That's one of the many things I do miss about NC, the beauty of the nature there. AND the trees even change color in the fall!! There aren't many here in Tx that do. When we were moving to NC, it was Nov of '02 and my hubby(born and bred Texan, never been past Miss) saw the trees that had changed color for fall, we were somewhere in GA, and he says, what's wrong with those trees?? I cracked up, and told him he really needed to get out more often.

I also forgot to mention that I have one brother in NC, who will be 30 this yr. He is the proud daddy of triplet boys, 3 yrs old. They are 3 weeks younger than my daughter. Lexi was born Aug 21, they were born Sept 15.

Mir
Helpful - 0
Okay, nevermind, I'm just so confused....Gatsby is in Maryland, but someone did say they were in West Virginia.
By the way, my bro-in-law is in Ft Carson, he is an SFC and cooks for a general.
Helpful - 0
Hey there, I just wanted to say that I thought Gatsby said she was from West Virgina? Not Virginia??
My husband is from Richmond, VA (yes, I married a city boy)and his family is there, I have been to the Operation Overlord Memorial and it is awesome, it has water and flowers and neat sculptures of men crawling out of the water and it's in Bedford, VA where some of my in-laws are (3 1/2 hrs. from where I live in TN)...
Helpful - 0
oh im resting....he wont let me do anything else..lol..OHHHH OHHHHH my mom is coming over tuesday,and i getta talkt o her while she bakes cookies!!!yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...lmao
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
We are all worried.  I was hoping to hear something by now.  
Guess it looks like another sleepless night.  You keep resting, you hear me?  Luv ya, sis
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
im very worried about dawn...im sure she is getting the medical help she needed,still-im worried...i just pray she is ok and resting,and i hope she posts soon...sonie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Mary, I would love to show you around town and the memorials. Let me know when you are coming to town again.  BTW, have you seen the post from Lou?  She seems to be having some bleeding problems, maybe you can advise her.  I just wish we would get some word from Dawn.  The waiting is killing me!  
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.