Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Surgeries This Week

Greetings,
     Avalon and Vixen are the only two Gals I know of slated for surgery this week so chime in on anyone else.  Both Vixen and Avalon have surgery tomorrow, Vixen is already in the hospital but Avalon has been on today (in between running to the biffy from her "pre-op cocktail")!  Avalon is from Palm Coast Florida while Vixon is from Australia. Avalon is scheduled for RSO via Lap if all goes well while Vixen is going for the full TAH and removal of her "alien". It is not quite as large as Anne-Maries, but alien-like none-the less!  We will be thinking of you two tomorrow!  Post as soon as you are able and see you on the RS!  Mary V.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm sorry I am so late on telling you all good luck. My prayers are with you.
Helpful - 0
My prayers and best wishes are with you all.

Julie
Helpful - 0
My thoughts and prayers are with you all this week!  See you on the RS!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
My thoughts and prayers are with you.  See you on the recovery side.  If you want, I will wait with you 'till surgery time.
Godspeed.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
OK, I totally have to go there someday!  I admit, some places in Canada are.... really weird!!!!  Katie
Helpful - 0
I will be praying for all good news for Vixen and Avalon.
Helpful - 0
RavenLady after I wrote I thought "Gee I shoulda mentioned that you are great too!"  I am more from Middle Girth at the moment as two months ago, when I found out I was slated for surgery, I figured I had a great excuse to skip aerobics classes.  Plus I am pretending to be the ceremonial fatted calf and eating everything in sight... I am gonna lose weight from surgery, RIGHT??!!
Yes I noticed a post from Ontario, looong way from me in Alberta. You gals down there in the USA are SO lucky, you have all my favorite stores that we don't have up here... Target....Shopco...Walgreens.... umm heaven!  Love, Katie

Helpful - 0
I am just laughing right now!  I have NEVER even heard of it but I searched it.. and.... enuf said!!  Eek!  That is SO funny...How'd you end up there???!
Helpful - 0
If Friday the 24th counts as this week, then put me on the chopping list (gulp).  I've been reading the site over the last few weeks and chirping up on a few threads, you guys are awesome and have helped me so much, especially Dian.  When I read what you write, I always feel better!  You (and others) have a very soothing way of communicating.  Dian, you'll laugh at this, you know Cate Blanchette in Lord of the Rings?  I kinda imagine you look like her (only with Red Buttons hair).  You have that same comforting aura anyway!  (and I am not even drinking here) (yet)
As for my "hystery", I am 48, had an ovary out over 25 years ago, managed to grow "prize winning at the fair" fibroids + 2 large complex cysts on the remaining ovary.  The gyn not sure what's going on or what he is going to do.
I am in Canada, have three grown kids (yes with one ovary, no problems, yeah!) and have been wracking my brains reading and nattering over what is (or was almost now) the best thing to do.  Guess it's too late to look into cutting out coffee or estrogen overload, oh well!   In closing....What belongs to Grandma and is pink and wrinkly?  ....GRANDPA!  
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
My, my, we've been busy lately.  More prayers going out, and do let us know how the surgeries go!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Ladies you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Looking forward to hearing from you on the Recovery Side!  Godspeed.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
praying that both of these ladies have a safe and speedy recovery.
Helpful - 0
good luck tomorrow ladies..you'll both be in my prayers and my thoughts...sonie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.