Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian Cysts

I'm new to this and trying to find answers.  I went to the doc almost 6 months ago for irregular bleeding (frequent...2-3 weeks between periods).  After all of the regular tests (I'm 42) I had a vag u/s in early Jan.  Docs found a 3.7cm complex cyst in left ovary (septated) and several other smaller ones in left and right. Since then I have had increased cramping/backache and it seems to be getting progressively worse (more painful, more frequent).  My doc is seeing me again on Friday (24th) and said they would evaluate again then. Also put me on Provera to normalize my periods, but the day after I stop taking the provera (I've taken it for 10 days the last 2 months)I start bleeding again.  Is this normal?  Does the treatment sound right?  I've also noticed my hair is falling out/thinning pretty significantly.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I don't know what to do and don't know who/what to ask.  I'm so glad I stumbled on this site. Can anyone help?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey girl it has been a while ...I was just thinking about you the other day as i was going throught he postings..How are you..It sounds like you have not had your surgery yet,please tell me that i am wrong...But all in all i am glad to see ya on hear ....lou
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for your info.  I have been looking into the provera treatment and all I can find is that it is 'standard'...nothing linking it to increasing the size of cysts. I have put on a few pounds recently..but thought it had to do with either the provera or stress from this thing.  Do you have any advice on what to do now???
Helpful - 0
I am sorry to hear about your problem,the biggest thing is its all so simular.
I am 31 now,for about 2 yaers I eas going to the doctor for irr. bleeding to make a long story short my stomach blew up as if i was about 5 months preg. after my dr suggested I get on depo to control bleeding end result
left overy has a five cm. cyst
Right overy per sono. large multi-cystic mass consistant with neoplasmn
after research I found out depo causes cyst to grow mine is now 25cms. and I am having to have the overy removed
Helpful - 0
sometimes at the point where you are right now the dr may offer a watch an dwait method that sometomes work with a regular birthcontrol pill.sometimes it will go away on its own.
if not the next step will be to remove the cyst.Could be simple.Ither way just dont result to the depo it was at my drs request it wont agree with the cyst.
DEMAND constant watch because whos to say how long it took it to take over my overy.Once it get to a certian size then that simple sergery isnt an option anymore it becomes more serious and you would think your dr will tell you that but dont hold your breathe waiting

Good luck and you are in my prayers
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I am so sorry that you are going through this and are in such pain.  All I can offer is support and prayer.  Don't worry, someone with more knowledge will help you out.  You are in my prayers.  Godspeed.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.