Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Went to Dr to wait and wait and wait...never saw him

Okay, drove 45 mins to see the gyn/onc, and he was called out on emergency and never came back, so I gave up and left.  Now, I have to wait until Friday to see him.  Frustrating.  
Sorry to whine...but to top it all off, they had prescribed me some Compazine for nausea yesterday morning and I had a rare reaction to it.  Twitching, and a feeling like I was crawling out of my skin and everything around me was moving really fast and  loud.  Weird.  I had to take Ativan to counteract the reaction.  I feel better, but still kind of agitated feeling.  Just wanted to BMWC as Mary V. puts it!!!!!  Sorry.  How are all my sistas out there????  ~Dawn
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Sorry about that blasted waiting!!!!  Too bad we can't send dr.s bills when they waste our time.  Thanks for the heads up with the blood tests.  Went ok, but the tech made me bleed and now I have a bruise (fuey!!).  Anyway, glad that is over with.  Now on to mammo and bone thing - next week.
I hope you get some answers soon.  Luv ya!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I know it is so hard to wait especially hard when half naked on an examining table with your feet in the stirrups.I think they should make Drs. sit like that so they can relate with us better (ha ha). I myself am anxious I have aapt. tommorow to schedule my surgery . Patience is so hard.best wishes!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I hope the room is at least warm!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Sounds like a tough couple of days!  Hang in there...  Maybe something elsewhere in your life will happen that's good?  I like when the emergencies at least happen ~before~ I leave the house.  I've had a lot of weird reactions to drugs, and I know how unsettling it can be to get "back into your skin" so to speak.  I'm wishing well for you on Friday!  
Cheri
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.