Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mcbehr; concerned about you

Hello there.....I read your post yesterday ....I hope you get good news today at your appt.
I know you are in a very scary place, and, I hope you are not going through this alone.
It is good to find out what you are dealing with...until then you can't fight it. Knowledge is power; it is especially true when it comes to your health. It is also good to talk...that's what we are here for. Please keep us up to date.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Peace be with you.
dian
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi girls,
Thank you all for your answers and help , I will tell hubby after ultrasound , we have been married 22 years and he worries toooo much , I did tell him I am going for an ultrasound as a precaution ,no biggie . I hate fussing ,truly , he would follow me around . He is the best ! lol .
Everyone talks about CA-125, what is that ?
thank you all again , M :)
Helpful - 0
After a good report on my annual physical, I went to see a gynocologist. I went to see him because I had occasional pain during intercourse; pressure on my rectum; slight difficulty getting a good flow in urination. Also, I simply could not v-sit this stomach below the belt away, but, I never put it all together.
There was this little voice I had to ignore because it scared the hell out of me....denial worked for awhile! It didn't make it go away though.
Anyway, after both ultra-sounds, I was told I have ovarian tumors that are probably cancer.....the next morning I was in the office of a surgeon who specializes in ovc....the following morning ( at 6:30a.m.) I was in surgery...everything was removed....no malignant biopsies, but ascites in the peritonial lavage....diagnosis 1C....how lucky is that. Chemo was started 6 weeks later...it ended in October '05.......so far so good. It wasn't fun, and it wasn't easy...but, it was what needed to be done. Six month check-up in about a month from now. This disease teaches life lessons...you have no choice...you gotta' pay attention. Watch out with that husband thing..don't under-estimate him..I told by husband but decided to "protect" my youngest son...he was livid, diappointed, insulted and hurt..he felt I didn't trust him...be very careful..you would want him to tell you...does it go both ways? hhmmmmmm.....Peace    dian
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I told my husband from the moment I had the us and the tech gave her comments.  My dh was so strong for me.  I needed that.  We talked like we hadn't in years.  (22 yrs!)  Tell him, he needs to know why you are worried.  Your behavior will alert him that something is up.  You may be pleasantly surprised at how he reacts.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Husbands are a weird breed sometimes. You tend to learn new things about them even after 33 years together when this kind of thing comes up.

Mine is the strong silent type. Know he loves me but don't try to hold his hand in Walmart! HA HA! I have been in ill health for agout 4 yrs and I know he was getting tired and as frustrated as I at the inability of the various medical pro's to DX me.

Then this ovary thing came up and I didn't know how he would handle it. After 1st US and high CA125 he went into combat mode. Thank goodness he insisted on going to the second US as the doc gave us options and his opinion....which was didfferent than the wait and see approach the nurse practitioner who saw the 1st US had. DH said it's your body but I want surgery ASAP. He just looked at me and said" "I am not going to loose you!"

I never would have been able to have made that decision. But it was so compforting for him to basically say that nothing else mattered, not the kids, not the schedules and work, not what the grandkids would do when I couldn't watch them...nothing but fixing this. He later admitted that he had had a very bad feeling about this since we found out about it. That was wierd in it'self as I kind of found out by accident that this ovary stuff was going on.  

Anyway, the hubby may just suprise you.
Helpful - 0
Hi Dian,
You are a peach , thank you so much for thinking of me .
I got a call this morning and they rescheduled my ultrasound for Wed March 1st . They took more blood today , not my fav .I will keep you posted though. It's funny when I talk to the dr.s office they all seem so matter of fact about it. I'm not sure if that's because they try are trying not to panic me or if they just see this all the time , frustrating.I explained to the nurse today that I was not expecting to hear from the Dr. and when I did I thought he was going to tell me I had a gall stone which is what they were looking for. I am glad to have found this site with all of you , I won't say anything to my husband until I know something for sure , he is a big time worry wart .I didn't sleep last night so I was zoned at work today , I will sleep tonight , I think I get crazy because my fav aunt had ovarian cancer .I was reading the other notes and was curious about how you found out you had cancer? what types of symptoms did you have ? You are so positive , I love it . thank you again , :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.