Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ravenlady where are you.....

I hadnt heard from you in a couple of days and was wondering where you are....and if you are ok.....lou
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have relatives stretched along  Gulf Coast from Pensacola, Fl to  Houston, TX.   One side of my family has been "down there" since the early 1800s.  The past two hurricane seasons have been terrible.  I hope the forecasters are wrong about this upcoming season.  We  just cannot afford another bad year -- neither the financial cost of rebuilding nor the emotional toll it takes on the people affected by these storms.
Helpful - 0
What part are your relatives from...I know between this hurricane season and the last one that florida and missippi ,louisaina and alabama have gotton it good..The forcasters are saying that this coming up season is suppose to be worse than last year...and we got hit by three..cindy,then katrina and then rita...the last two werent even a month apart..You should see it down here..They said that they were going to have levey systems built for the next season but here we are three months from hurricane season and they havent got them built yet.....
Helpful - 0
Yeah, where is Mary?  

Hey, Lou, ain't that coughing a b!t@h?   I opened three of my four incisions after my surgery when I had an upper respiratory infection.  My incision scars look like I got them in a knife fight.  All my relatives on the Gulf Coast are saying the same things as you - about the viruses and bacteria going around after the storms.  Some have been dealing with it for two years almost, and some of them have yet to get their homes and properties back in order after Hurricane Ivan in 2004.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Make sure you have a pillow that you can hold to your tummy when you cough, it helps!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Yea today seems to be going ok..My daughter is out of school again sick..I had started getting what i thought to be a sinus infection and then started coughing ,then three days later my daughter is doing the same thing ,so i take her to the doctor and they said that it is a viral infection ,and then noticed stuff in the corner of her eyes and the doc checked that out and it is pink eye to go with the runny nose and the cough..go figure...ever since the hurricane ,there are so many illnesses going around down here..It makes you wanna pack up and move...If i could stop coughing i would be doing great..I am taking this flu meds made especially for people with high blood pressure.It seems to be helping some and the meds that they gave me at the hospital for the imflamation seem to be helping to ..The only time my stomach hurts now is when i start coughing and cant stop...lol
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey, Lou how is goin' for ya today?  Hope all is well in your world!
Luv ya, Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.