Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
117289 tn?1391712825

Surgeries this week

To everyone that is having surgery this week, I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed to you and I look forward to hearing from you on the Recovery Side.  
Your sister ~ Tascha
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for remembering me this week. I had my surgery on Monday to remove a complex cyst. I went in for a one hour surgery that turned into a 3 hour surgery. My poor husband was waiting and frantically trying to get information. When I got out of recovery he told me I was "sticky inside with edocysts not complex cysts". He had gathered this info from the anastyologist.
When I finally saw my doctor the next afternoon he told me I had severe edometriosis and adhesions. I think my husband lost something in translation! Anyway, the doctor removed the endo and the adhesions that were covering all my internal organs and also did a die check for my fallopian tubes, which he had to open. Yesterday they gave me a shot of Decapeptyl which will stop my from ovulating. I am to take the shot for three months to keep the endo from returning. He said after the shot is stopped I can try to get pregnant. He said we should try for one year and if I am not pregnant we will look into other options (IVF) or something else. Oh and the shot will put me into chemical menopause, so that should be interesting.
I came home yesterday and I feel pretty good today. I am waiting for our guest bed to be delivered for the guests who arrive on Saturday. We are still planning our trip to Normandy and the Loire for the end of next week. I hope I can fit into some clothes by then!
I hope everyone else scheduled for surgery this week was successful!!
GV
Helpful - 0
Thanks Mary!  You're so sweet. I can't wait til our celebratory Klatsch!
Helpful - 0
I am having surgery on Thurs morning 3/2.  Thanks for remembering me, Mary V.  Good to "see" you back on here again.  I guess we'll have to do our coffee clutch on the other side of my surgery?

Thanks everyone for this thread and the kind wishes and good vibes sent out.  I can't wait til the surgery is over. I'm such a chicken.  Maura
Helpful - 0
My thoughts and prayers to all who have surgery this week.
Helpful - 0
Prayers to you all!  You have my wishes for the best results!
Helpful - 0
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you having surgery this week.
Brel, just a little note to you - I know you're so worried about a possible recurrence. Stay strong, we are all here for you. Sending you a big hug -- Gina
Helpful - 0
My prayers and best wishes are with all who are having surgery this week!
Helpful - 0
Good luck on Wednesday!  Hope everything goes well for you!
Helpful - 0
My thoughts and prayers are with you all
Helpful - 0
Brel
Are you for a TAH or exploratory?  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your support and prayers! I am scheduled Wed. 01 at 7:45 am. The next couple of days will be rough. Again a big Thanks!
Helpful - 0
How about if everyone who is having a procedure this week lets us know on this thread? Would that be too many? I just believe that the support, whether it be prayer or just being kept in someones thoughts helps.     Cindi
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.