Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Quick jabbing pain...cyst rupture?

I'm really curious about something.  About five days before I had my third U/S for a complex cyst I felt a quick stabbing pain in the area of my ovary...it radiated down toward my pubic area, actually causing me to grab "down there".  It happened about ten times in an hour and then stopped.  The pain wasn't severe, just sort of made me go "ooh" and then press on my pubic bone (it's a good thing I was home at the time!).  I went for the U/S and the cyst was gone, in it's place were four tiny new ones (simple not complex) and I had that same pain again yesterday only not as severe.  Ok...here's my question.  Am I feeling the cysts bursting?  Has anyone else had this type of pain?  Quick stabbing pain radiating down and then it's all over in a matter of minutes?
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,
I have a same pain, and I start to take organic FLAXseed oil daily 1 tbspoon. I'm taking now for more than a week, and the pain is getting under control.
Trader Joe has for $ 8.00/bottle.
Helpful - 0
my complex ovarian cyst is twice the size of my uterus and my doctor wants to "Wait and see" is this normal?  Just asking because my jeans have went up one size to accomodate for the cyst.  Is this normal?
Helpful - 0
I also have a 3.1 cm cyst on my right ovary, which lately has causes a quick jabbing pain which i almost think the cyst has burst but then it goes away. Tyenol is seeming to help..  My doctor changed my BC when he found out ihad a cyst but its been 2 months now.  i go for a check up in in 2 weeks, hopefully what i read is right, the pain is a good thing and it tells us its going away.  but i have to wonder, when a cyst bursts, is that a good thing??
Thanks
Helpful - 0
I also have a 3.1 cm cyst on my right ovary, which lately has causes a quick jabbing pain which i almost think the cyst has burst but then it goes away. Tyenol is seeming to help..  My doctor changed my BC when he found out ihad a cyst but its been 2 months now.  i go for a check up in in 2 weeks, hopefully what i read is right, the pain is a good thing and it tells us its going away.  but i have to wonder, when a cyst bursts, is that a good thing??
Thanks
Helpful - 0
dum
I have similar pains, too, occasionally, so after reading your posts I guess I also have had some cysts, though u/s didn't show anything. A lot of you are saying your cysts ruptured. Is it a bad thing? When it ruptures, wouldn't the blood or whatever liquid it contained spill inside the pelvic area? Wouldn't that be a disasterous thing? I'm a little confused because everyone here seems to think it's good that they ruptured??
Helpful - 0
Just found this post and am very glad-Ive pretty much always had pain where I think my ovaries are but for the last few mnths its been getting worse and today and yesterday its startedagain-Usually its just one side or the other but now its both-iT constantly aches and then I get stabbin type pains-It hut6s in the same spot when I wee or move too quickly too-my thigh also aches sometimes.
I have a period bout every 2 weeks too.
I have not been diagnosed with anything yet-ive had **** docs(I posted on here a while ago 'usesless docs'
Its just this pain and acheing is getting more frequent
Helpful - 0
I too suffer from my multiple cysts rupturing. The pain is so severe I think I am going crazy! Does anyone ever feel like the cyst is filling up right before it pops? I always feel soooo much better afterwards, but I have about 20 at any given time so I go through one filling up then rupturing then another one will fill rupture and on and on.
Helpful - 0
Hope is good and it sure doesn't hurt anything!  I also hope that your similar pains are a good sign, just describing pains is vague and everyone is different, but had I known what I was feeling it might have eased my mind some.  I have never had a cyst cause me pain (with the exception of it resolving), fibroids never cause me pain, I'm actually pain free and symptom free (spotting, unusual bleeding, etc..) of the usual complaints due to cysts.  The only time I even know is when I go for my pap and my doctor feels them and sends me for an U/S, come to think of it, I've never had a pap without a trip to the U/S technician!
I know how long the waiting is and how stressful it is, I hope the time goes by quickly for you, or at the very least you find peace in your "watchful waiting" phase.
Helpful - 0
It would also help to say that those first stabbing pains that I felt 3 weeks ago, were before I got my 1st u/s that showed complex cyst there.  So I don't know if that pain was my cysts shrinking at that time even though they were "there", other ones going away, or nothing.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're right about it being a "good thing". ;)
Helpful - 0
Ok I posted yesterday about my symptoms starting to resolve and I was afraid to curse myself.  Then this morning I woke up with that EXACT short stabbing pain in my left ovary area that you are talking about, and come here and find your post.  I LOVE THIS SITE! ;)
Anyway, that stabbing pain was actually the first symptom of my cysts 3 weeks ago, then I started cramping and spotting up until my period (and through it of course).  Now a week after my period and symptom-free, I start getting those stabbing pains again --and I hope to God it isn't followed by all the other symptoms I got with it last time this happened.  I hope it really is the cysts shrinking, that would certainly be good news.  ;)  My 2nd u/s is still 4 weeks away.
J.
Helpful - 0
I had ultrasounds from Oct-Feb. The first 3 showed two cysts. Then in Feb I had a pain very similar to yours. When I went in for my u/s, the cysts were gone. I never asked if that meant they ruptured, but I had never felt that pain before and then the cysts were gone.
Helpful - 0
I actually called and asked my doctor and she said that what I described is exactly what many patients say they feel.  She said for the most part I should be happy when I feel it because that means it's resolving.  She also said that is exactly the pain she feels when her own rupture.  I'll take that pain over surgery any day.  (of course all these cysts were 2cm or smaller and that may make a difference in the pain level, not sure)  Raven...just to let you know my cyst resolved over the course of three cycles...between the first and the second it grew a tiny bit...then the third it was gone.  I'm very relieved.  =)
Helpful - 0
Yes I aslo have a complex cyst on my left ovary and i feel those pains all the time...what they are i dont know sorry :( i wish i new also....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.