Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Starting to freak - could use some reassurance.

Hi all~ Been reading but not posting for a bit.  Starting to wig out a little.  My FU US is this coming Monday (bilateral comples cyst with complex mass on left).  Surgery scheduled for march 21.  Saw GP yesterday to talk about HR and something she said just got to me.  I asked if the size was any indication that if it was OC it would be in early stages (the mass contains a 2.9 simple component and a 2.3 complex component).  She said something to the effect that it didn't really matter about size because it doesnt tell you if it is invansive or aggresive.  Suddenly I felt like we were talking as if I had OC and it just sent my anxiety skyrocketing.  I couldn't sleep last night I was stressing so much.  

I have a history of endo and my gyn had told me that with my history and bilateral cysts she felt pretty sure that this was going to end up being endo.  Does that sound logical?  I wish I could just get the US and be done with it.  I am so afraid I will go in and the thing will have doubled.  Anyway, just venting.  Thanks~
Deb
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks everyone for your words of support and your prayers.  After going through cancer once I have learned a lot about living in the moment but for some reason everything I have worked to build in the last two years started flying out the window and I felt like I was losing it.  I am doing better today - I just wish I could sleep better - that would help~  And I know I will feel better after the US on Monday.  Thanks for being the "soft place to fall".  I pray for you all daily.
Deb
Helpful - 0
My gyn was sure I had endo and everything was normal when he did my lap.
Helpful - 0
Hi Debi,
I was stressing out about just about the same thing, when my GP switched from talking about US and lab tests in general to make the comment that -- "but on vaginal US the results are usually accurate, they seem to be able to tell better".  So, if you doctor is expecting endo, and the ultrasound is probable endo or isn't something else, then really very likely it is.  With a history of endo it is so very likely to be an endometriomia.  Also, the big concern and need for surgey as my onc. finally explained it to me is that these can be a place where cancer can harbor.  So, she didn't think I had cancer, only that if we ignored this (and it had been 2 years already) there then could first start to be potential of a problem in only a few of the instances anyway.  No guarentees but it started to make me realize I could relax and focus on other stuff.
Hope this helps.
Cheri
Helpful - 0
Stop!!  Omg just stop...I have been doing that with my thyroid for a week now and I finally had to FORCE myself to start looking at the more positive things that I have going for me.  You have sooo many positive things that point to this not being ovca.  My endo said that having Hashi's gave me a higher chance of having thyroid lymphoma...but he also said that the chances were still very low...what do you think I got stuck on?  
To me it sounded like your doc was just trying to give you all the info and the scared part of your brain is getting stuck (just like mine did).  I feel so bad because I know just what you're feeling.  I know nobody can say "it'll be alright" and make it alright (actually I hate when people say that...how do THEY know it'll be alright?)...there's not much anyone can say or do to alleviate the fear or worry, but try not to let your head get stuck on the "bad" parts only.  When I was freaking out my friend told me this...it is what it is and whatever it is you'll deal with it.  She was right, and we will.  xoxo
Helpful - 0
110491 tn?1274481937
Only surgery can tell if it is cancer or not. An experienced oncologist might be able to make an educated guess based on US or CT Scan but that's just what it is...a guess. I had multiple tumors and a CA of 946 but still, my oncologist said the first thing he learned in school was to never say never.
Helpful - 0
Chill.  Have a glass of wine.  Take a bath.  Read a mind-numbing fiction book or a silly magazine.  I recommend watching an entire season of the show "24", it will be 18 hours of pure distraction!  If you like that kinda thing.

You have come to the right place.  You cannot change it whether cancer or not so your goal should be finding peace during this time.  Prayer certainly helps, and I'm sure lots of the gals lurkng have you in their prayers.  Thanks everyone.

Hang in there and remember the odds.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Go ahead, vent away!  Try to relax, (I know, easier said than done).  We are here for you.  Your dr sounds like she thinks it is NOT ovca, so try to go with that.  I know the waiting and not know stinks, but this too shall pass.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.