Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
123128 tn?1189755827

ok so i am back writing about my problem

OK so i went to the dr today because i am pregnant so it was the typical regular appointment to hear heartbeat and what not... well everything in my pregnancy is going completely fine and normal i have had 0 complications which is awesome except for this lil cyst on my ovary... i got an ultrasound done exactly a week ago today and the cyst grew to 10cm dunno if thats big it sounds big but i dunno anyway the lady told me not to worry not to freak out its not a big deal... well it is a big deal because its gettin bigger and they have no idea why.. SO i was given a choice of 1.doing nothing until the baby is born  2. draining it  3 removing it C-Section style... i guess my issue is that i don't know if removing it while pregnant is going to put any strain on my unborn baby or if he will be born or if i will be ok or if i should just wait until the due date which is May 3 so i figure by then the cyst will be 16cm (has a pattern of growing 3cm/month) but then i have to wait 6wks after baby so it will be what like 18cm i am just confused on what i should do. what is healthy for me to do because my doctors are not helping me out they keep telling me its up to me but when i said i need some advice or what you think i should do they give me NOTHING... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone anyone who knows what i am going though please help me out give me some advice if you have been through this it would mean alot to me.   thank you

P.S. i don't know if any of that even made sense i really hope so
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
123128 tn?1189755827
thank you very much i appreciate your comments i actually am considered at high risk pregnancy now and i have another dr appt on tuesday to talk to a few "highwig" doctors and i keep asking for what is best but no one can help me out they keep saying they are afraid the cyst will twist and cut the blood flow off ok well that to me sounds bad so why not just get the cyst out maybe i am missing something who knows... but to answer the questions yes i know he is a he =) and the cyst is NOT cancerous its all fluid filled or water filled or whatever is in it LOL and you are right that i should think about myself but i feel like i will be ok and i am more worried about my child i know thats a typical reaction but i never once thought about my well being because i just figured i would be ok.. anyway on tuesday i will come back here with what the doctors have told me hopefully i will get some answers
Helpful - 0
Hi! I'm so sorry you're having this trouble right now. I agree with Ravenlady, you should find out from your doctor what his back-up plans are! I am also surprised that they aren't giving you their recommendations - but if they aren't, then you need to ask them all of the pros and cons of each of the options. Try not to worry about the cyst becoming so large by the end of your pregnancy. Although it has grown quite a bit, that doesn't necessarily mean it will do so for the remainder of the pregnancy. Some cysts can grow extremely rapidly, and then slow down or start to shrink - some even disappear on their own. Finally, if you aren't comfortable with the answers (or lack of!) that you're getting, you may want to consider getting another opinion. This is, after all, a matter of you and your darling baby's health! Don't worry about making any doctors mad or hurting their feelings, you owe it to yourself and your baby to have the absolute best care available. Please keep us informed, we're here to help and wait with you.
Helpful - 0
I really don't know anything about what your going through, but we are all here to lend our ears and our hearts. I hope all is well and your not in pain. Please keep us posted Ni-ki! Interested to know how you are doing and Good Luck!!!

Bethany :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
So sorry about the way things are going for you, but Mary V is right.  Listen to her, she is a very smart and caring woman that I am proud to call friend!  Make sure you have your list of questions 'cause you know how we get once in the drs office!  You and your baby boy are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Hi Ni-Ki! I'm not able to give you advice - sorry! But I'm astounded that your drs can't or won't! I would've thought that they would at least be able to give you some indication as to what's best for you and bub. Can you get all histerical or something and make them give some advice?? I dunno about the draining option though. I personally think I'd give that a wide berth - but then maybe they are fairly certain it's a simple cyst and it must be 100% fluid filled if they can drain it. So maybe it'd be ok.  I don't really know too much about that. Hopefully some of the other ladies will be able to give you some concrete info that you can take to your drs next visit. I really just wanted to wish you good luck with everything!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.