Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Maura, Welcome to the RS!

Maura!  
     You are the tough Plainswoman!  You had surgery on Thursday and you are already posting with your native common sence and assurance!  I am so proud of you!  Although I hope you are already sleeping as I should be too!, I am glad everything came out alright and look forward to hearing from you tomorrow!  And no, no coffee date tomorrow you over-achiever!  It can wait.  I am glad you are doing well.  So use this thread to tell us about you since you spent your time here today worrying about everybody else.  MV
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Glad you are back and on the Recovery Side.  Like Mary V said, rest, rest, rest!  There will be time for everything else.  Have a peaceful and pain free day!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear from you Maura. It is good to hear when someone gets through surgery and there is nothing major that came up. Seems like you are in the minority so we need to hear the good stories!  Keep us posted !  Cindi
Helpful - 0
Good to see that somebody is recovering fairly easily....but they say that the 3rd day is the worst, so get your rest and take it easy. It's been very different in here the last couple of weeks, because alot of the girls that were here consistently when I first signed on (4wks ago), are either on the recovery side or have since had a resolution and moved on....Well, just making an observation....I hope everyone is recovering well, I miss yuns!
Take Care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone.  It's so nice to have you all to share good news with - because you would most appreciate the sense of relief after surgery.  It's sort of a mixed good news/bad news thing I guess.  I can't believe the endo had gotten so bad since it wasn't as painful as it had been when I had it before.  It was simply excrutiating before and this time it was more like it felt like something there and all the creepy symptoms that we all talk about  - bloating, urinary frequency, menstrual disturbance, etc.   So I was scared when they started interpreting the U/S as endometrioma b/c I really couldn't believe I had it and I know endometriomas don't look like simple functional benign cysts on U/S.  I had to really push to get this surgery this month instead of being put off til April for scheduling convenience.  I originally found the cyst in November, so it had been hanging over my head all that time.  But the surgeon acted sort of apologetic to my family afterwards b/c the endo was rather extensive and that endometrioma on the left side had gotten so huge.  I think I would have freaked out if they had taken another U/S of that thing and it had tripled in size, so I'm glad I didn't know that going in at least.  It must have grown that big in just the past month b/c I had an U/S at the beginning of Feb!

The surgery was 3 hrs and I was too out of it for the Dr to talk to me after.  So I had to drill my poor family about what he said - you're SURE they think it was only endo, etc?  Of course I still have to wait for pathology, but they seemed pretty sure it was endo.  I guess it was blood filled.  The pictures are so disgusting, but I keep looking at them like some train wreck deal or something.

I am bummed that they had to remove both ovaries b/c now I have to make decisions about HRT.  I'm sort of uptight about taking it for fear endo will come back.  The whole reason I consented to take more out if it was endo was so i wouldn't have to go through this again.  But then you always worry about bones, so I don't know what I'll do....  

I'm really thankful that I don't feel as badly as I did after my other surgeries w/ general anesthesia.  I kept looking for someone who would do this w/ just a spinal, but no one would.  Maybe they have cleaner anesthetics now or something?  Also the gas pain isn't as bad as it was w/ the other 2 laps I had.  I still have pain and everything, but it is pretty bearable.  I don't think any of us are wimps about pain here - it's the not knowing and being jacked around, and incomplete surgeries, and unforeseen things that come up that get us.  So I'm hoping that recovery keeps going well and this is IT.

Of course, I hope that my theory about it's relationship to my sudden malignant hypertension proves out.  When I had tried to research about hypertension and ovarian growths, it kept coming up always ovarian cancer, so needless to say I was scared about that and suddenly the hypertension took 2nd place in my worry cabinet.  But because several people on here also had hypertension w/ benign growths, that brought a sort of "comfort" - both that it could be benign and also that I wasn't nuts: there was likely a relationship b/t the 2 things happening so suddenly.  I guess I'll find out?

Thanks again for all your well-wishes.  Mary V, I bet I will feel good enough for our Kaffee Klatsch in another week or so?  

Maura
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.