A
Close
107366 tn?1305680375

Isn't it funny...

...how the simplest things make you smile?  I don
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Btw, what color is it now???  I still laugh when I think about that!  You had us rolling.  Luv to all of you
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thanks for sharing such a lovely and hopeful story.  I am sure it will touch many of the ladies here.  It reminds me, once again, to appreciate the little things :)
Helpful - 0
Funny and poignant.  I have one wild eye brow hair that I curse all the time (it sticks straight out and always manages to grow three inches before I notice it) I will always look at my eye brows with a new appreciation now.  Sometimes a story like that just puts life in perspective.  Thank you for sharing that.
Helpful - 0
What a wonderful story for you to share and an inspiration to those who are dealing with the same thing.  I am facing surgery in a few weeks (March 23rd)and pray to God that it's a benign mass but hearing from gals like you make it a lot easier to face - thanks for the lift today.  As an aside - my mom had OVCA and I remember how she struggled when she lost her hair - she was 45 and not a sign of grey - when it came back in guess what color it was and I remember that it did come in very curly and wirey.  She was not impressed.

Helpful - 0
Hey, girl....lets talk about hair!
My chemo ended last October.....the hair is returning like never before! I have more peach fuzz on my jaw line than one of my kids had on his head when he was born.
The pubic hair has returned, only it is on my head! Talk about wirey hait!  If that's not bad enough, it turned orange when I decided I wasn't ready for a mixture of gray/white and black patches and put a color on it! Seems virgin hair doesn't respond to color like my "old" hair did.
Last night, while in the shower, I realized I might well be able to braid the hair under my arms! This is the first time I've seen hair in the shower drain for a very long time!  
Yes, it is laughable.....and it feels great to laugh so, keep it up....I know I will. Peace, Lady.           dian
Helpful - 0
I am just so amazed by this forum. The people I do not know at all, but yet I feel I do. Everyone is truly incredible. So caring and sensitive and also funny!!  I am sooooooooooo glad I stubbled over it while cruising on the internet. Much love to you all.
Helpful - 0
I got my waist length hair cut for the first time in 12 years. SHORT, SHORT!I had it braided and ready for Locks of Love but just never got around to it...kind of didn't want to part with it yet. Hope it wasn't one of those omen things and will need to use it for a wig for myself! Kind of weird .....
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You just made my day!! I am so happy for you.  Have a fantastic day!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.