Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Follow-up U/S done

Well, I'm back from the follow-up. I had a different tech than the first time, but made light of the situation by telling her "that's great, now every tech in this town has seen my behind!" ha,ha She liked that one....(obviously I was using humor to charm her)....So she starts asking me, "Are you having any symptoms or anything?"  I say, "Well, I'm at the end of my period now and had some bad cramps with it, which is unusual...and I also still feel like I have something there"
Then she asks, "like pulling and stuff?"  I say, "kinda' like that, but I don't know if it's just psychological from me being used to feeling it there...so, I guess we'll see what the 'little monster' is doin'"
She starts doing the abdominal and when she gets to the right ovary, it's apparent that it's bigger than the left...."Oh, there it is" I say.  She says "Do you have a follow-up with your doc?"  I say "No, probably a phone conversation...I called him within 2 days last time"  She says "Sometimes they persist, lets get you ready for the vaginal and see what's goin' on"
So, we do the vag and I can't see the screen as good because she has moved down toward the middle of the bed...so I crane my neck and say "hey you moved that where I can't....." She interrupts by slightly turning the screen towards me, but I'm still looking around to see it. She hangs around my left ovary a little longer than the last u/s and I see grape-like things (probably normal follicular development for next cycle?) And then I see the lines on the screen where she is typing away and measuring the ovary...
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Mine was rather uncomfortable with a quick jab of pain on each ovary.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Raynbow and xray,

You said you "gasped at the sharpness" of the probe. It hurt? Mine did, too. Moreso the FU?US, only 2 weeks later. I asked it this was supposed to hurt and the tech said ,"not usually".

One of the red flags initially was that the pelvic exams hurt and had never before. Did you other gals find the US painful? It was like if she pushed it too far on an angel either way it hurt.  

So far only know of a cyst but haven't got the report only the docs opinion and we scheduled surgery since it is suspisious and he can't figure out what exactly it is...complex, elevated ca125 and increased blood flow. I know the report may give more. Just wondering about those  painful exams???    Cindi
Helpful - 0
Just to ease your mind, it may be the tech's positioning and measurements.  Don't be too alarmed unless you doc thinks you should be.  At least yoy have some idea of what is going on.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You know what they say, knowledge is power!  Good Luck!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
...So I find the numbers at the bottom of the screen and realize that the ovarian measurement was about 3cm (that's normal)....
She moves on to the uterus and it takes longer than last time to, "oh that's it" I say...."No, that's still your uterus" She says.  Finally, on to the right ovary...I gasp with the sharpness of the probe on that side...Then I see it...The enlarged ovary, she measures it...It says 5.92cm and I say "I think that's bigger than last time"...She says, "I think it's the same"...I say "OH, you've seen my report??" She says, "yes they give us information"...I reply, "oh okay".....Then I say, "oh yeah that's right the cyst was 5.1cm"...Then she starts measuring a marble looking thing...I wonder if this is a papillary projection...Then she does the color doppler for awhile...Then finally I see lines again and it's big...I look at the bottom of the screen again for numbers as she is clicking and it says 5.69cm! I remain calm and say "Did that just say 5.69??"...She looks at me with her lips pressed together and says "yes"..."but I didn't tell you that"...I say "Oh no, no I know you're not supposed to say anything, but I saw it on there for myself anyway". She says "if you're doc doesn't contact you in a week, you call him" ...I whisper, "Can they expedite this since there is a change and I can get the ball rolling on my appts.?" She says "it takes 2 days to write the report"...I say "I know, I had my u/s on a Wed. last time and was in touch with the gyn on Fri."  Then she said  "well, if you did that then, I would do again this time".. I said "okay, thank you so much"... Well That's My Story!! Long, I know....But obviously there has been growth from 5.1cm to 5.69 (based on conversation)..SO now I know what to expect when I talk to my gyn...Dangit, he said if it grows I will have to have surgery...I wonder if I should see an onc? I will ask him how he feels about it when we talk. Well, just wanted ya'll to know.
Take Care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, don't leave us hanging here!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.