Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Surgery scheduled

Hi everyone,

I finally saw the gyn/onc today. I will go to the hosp for pre-op testing on Weds, March 8 and will have my surgery on Thurs, March 9. The Dr is going to do a TAH/BSO and maybe more if he finds ovca. They will do a frozen section while I'm under so debulking can be done if needed. Some of you may remember that my surgery is being done out-of-town. They expect to discharge me on Monday, so I hopefully will be able to post the outcome soon after that.
I want to thank you all for the prayers, kind words, and support. I have learned so much from you all. I was able to ask intelligent questions today and understand everything the Dr said thanks to you. I have a good idea of what to expect no matter which way the final DX goes.
I will be thinking about you all while I'm gone. Take care!!!
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh Mary V, I am laughing so hard right now (ouch!) AT EASE!
I am going to stomp around here now saying that!  lol
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Wishing you all the very best Rebel! I'll also be thinking of you.
Helpful - 0
My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Breathe deep and think positive!
Helpful - 0
Good luck! I am sure you will be glad t have some answers. My thoughts and prayers will be with and I will watch for your posts.
Helpful - 0
Hope everything goes well for you!
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Hi Reb, I am glad you wrote, I remembered your posting from Feb 20th and was sure wondering how you are doing.  Not long to wait, the waiting is SO HARD I know, try to rest up and not panic (easy to say).  You sound like you are armed and ready! (is that the correct military term, Mary?)  Good for you Rebel.  The ladies (& some super nice guys here too) are hoping for the best and will give you support and  (((( hugs )))).
I will pray that you receive good news and have a smooth recovery, Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
cip
I remember when you first posted, after 'lurking" awhile.This must be quite a journey for you.It sounds like you have done your homework and have a good doctor. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. See you on the Recovery Side, as they say here. Take Care.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I am glad you have the date and that this will soon be all behind you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  We will wait with you.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.