Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi RavenLady

I finally got around to looking at today's posts and saw your note.  I am retired AF also. You were correct about the screen name, I live in VA...hence the VA AF. I retired in 2003. I still work for the AF as a civilian...same job, same place.  I work intel, and yes, I have heard all of the jokes :) I have had good docs and not-so-good.  The same as the civ world!  My current gyn seems to know what he's doing.  I guess I'll find out for sure in a few weeks.  I'm dealing with a few cysts (5 total) in my ovaries, the largest of which is just over 5cm (grown from 3.5'ish in Jan) and complex/septated.  I go for another u/s on 21 March.  Doc tells me if they have grown or any more have appeared since my last u/s (13 Feb) we'll need to take them out.  Sounds reasonable to me. He put me on Provera about 6 weeks ago to try to stop the incessant bleeding (every 2-3 weeks or a few days) but it hasn't worked.  Not sure why, or if that's a bad thing.  I find the best thing about this site is that I get a chance to get alot of my questions answered without even asking a thing.  Seems everyone has similar circumstances and everyone is so helpful.  It is a wonderful site!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Good Morning!  Where are you in VA? I am im MD, near DC!  Maybe next time Mary V is in town we can get together.  I just love this site.  Everyone is a great source of comfort and knowledge.  You are right, sometimes we don't have to ask the questions.  I hope you get your answers soon, I know the waiting stinks on ice (as my nephew would say).  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hey there, I too have a complex cyst....I finally had a follow-up after 6 long weeks of waiting...Hang in there! Hopefully everything will go by fast for you. By the way, my husband was born and raised in Richmond VA.
Take Care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.