Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I need to vent

GRRRR. I am so tired of this dang cyst. I want it to twist so they take it out. The ob I saw today said cysts don't cause pain it probably something else. I asked what could it be? she told me all those stuff that could be possible but most likly not. Bowel stuff, appenditits, stomach, kidney. All I could be thinking is this is a bunch of BS. They keep delaying the thing that is going to happen, surgery. They don't want to do it because I am overweight and they said they most likly don't want to do laproscopic surgery but have a big incision. I said I don't care get this thing out. Either way I am going to be taking pain meds a while. *breathes* Why are doctors stupid???? At least the ones here at Kaiser here in Portland. thanks for the vent
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
You said it ni-ki and I agree, get a second opinion.  
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
123128 tn?1189755827
ok i have to say something about the whole being in pain thing. i went to the dr today and told her today that i am in pain from my cyst and she told me it was all in my head i was not happy with that comment...and i don't really think you want it to twist because that will cause unbearable pain but i guess its a good way to get it out... but anyway i just wanted to say something about the pain and i know it hurts and i know if you say it hurts it hurts so forget what your doctors say get a second opinion....

good luck
      ni-ki
Helpful - 0
I am in MT. Tabor/Montavilla area.
Helpful - 0
The doctor I went to today was the second opinion in Kaiser. Because of all this I could be asked to resign from my job. So exciting. NOT! I can't miss anymore work but I can't work because I am on prescipition drugs. oh well. I will get a new job, I didn't like it much anyway. But I need to take care of myself before I can  tackle the world. I've cried so much today. They are telling me this will go away next cycle... UH I DONT HAVE CYCLES. I am on the depo-prevea shot... Someone pray that this twists so they can take it out. That seems like the only way they will do surgery. I did a stupid thing today. I was telling a friend about what happened and I said, "Can anything get worse?" Yeah never do that because it always does. Thanks for the vent
Helpful - 0
Hi there.  I am a nubee to this forum, but for what it's worth, doctors are beyond frustrating.  I have met 5 over the past 4 days and have heard a little something different from every one of them. Some says my cyst is "suspicious for cancer".  Others say it looks like a dermoid.  Others say it feels soft with no nodules, yet a U/S shows a nodule.  I am frustrated too and I know what it feels like.  I respect doctors, but to a certain extent.  They don't all have the best bedside manor and I have been upset by many things that have been said to me that I am now switching my gyno doctor.

Portland?  me to.  I'm in CT.  How about you?

Michele K
Helpful - 0
im  sooo not trying to be rude,but..if your doc thinks cysts cant cause pain,shes nuttier than a fruitcake....she apparently has never had one!!they do cause pain honey..if its possible,can you get a second opinion???
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Vent away, that is what we are here for!!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.