Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

having surgery

Hi again all.  Met with an oncologist today and he was wonderful. Spent 1 1/2 hours with me talking and examining me.  After all I've heard, he told me after feeling the mass he didn't hear any voices telling him it was cancer. It felt soft to him and he didn't feel many hard nodules, etc.  He thought I would be okay and that I should relax and not worry so much.  Of course I want to believe the best and I am trying to go on his words of optimism.  I am having surgery on Thursday and will have my answers then. I pray his suspicions are correct and that this thing is a dermoid or whatever else.  My CA125 number was 91, but he said it could be due to other things too. It's so hard to absorb all this info so fast, 4 days.

Anybody else hear anything like this?

I am with you all and can feel for every single one of you. This is a living hell and I pray for all of us.  Some I guess will be luckier than others, but let's hang together and get each other through the waiting, the tough times and the GOOD TIMES too.

Take care.
Michele K
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been thinking it all over and I am glad to be getting this done.  I don't know what this thing is and that's the scary part.  I want it out and want it out fast.  I wish it could be that way for everybody.  The waiting is the excruciating part.  To live with it every day for an undetermined amount of time has got to be torture for all of you out there in that situation.  Surgery is scary, but at least I will have an answer and be able to move on.  This oncologist has a great rep. and has gone out of his way to accomodate me.  He squeezed me in his very busy schedule and met me after hours last night.  For that I am forever greatful.  You all have helped me more than you know with your valuable, extensive information, thoughts, good wishes, etc.  It's so important to talk to people going through the same thing because no one else knows what it's like.

Michele K
Helpful - 0
I almost envy you in a way. You get your out.
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much. This is a scary time, but I can't wait until Thursday to have some answers. I just feel like this has all happened so fast and I hope I am making the right decisions. You all seem to know so much more than I do and I just hope that me going into this surgery so quickly is right. I haven't gotten another opinion or anything, but why wait? I am afraid if things are bad they could spread. It's so touch to know what to do.

Michele K
Helpful - 0
hi michele...i just wanted to tell you good luck on thursday,and im praying for you to have a speedy and uneventful recovery,and i also pray everything is benign.......many hugs to you..sonie
Helpful - 0
hi michele...i just wanted to tell you good luck on thursday,and im praying for you to have a speedy and uneventful recovery,and i also pray everything is benign.......many hugs to you..sonie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Remember 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am looking forward to hearing from  you on the Recovery Side!  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.