Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Another Cyst?

I looked through a lot of the archives and found a lot of good info.  This site is amazing!  In 8/05 I had a laparotomy to remove a 6cm fluid filled cyst (looking back I wish I had the scope, now i know!).  Things got better and now my symptoms are starting to reappear, but in less severe fashion (bloating, painful intercourse and left-sided abdominal pain).  This time I am also having a couple different symptoms that are like digestive issues (gas, stomach aches and constipation). I have never had issues like this before and I am wondering if it could be related to another cyst?  I went to my OB and he did a pelvic.  He was acting kind of weird and just said he wanted to schedule a formal US. I asked him if he felt a cyst and he said no. I was a little put off by his behavior. Why refer me for the US if he didn't feel a cyst? Of course I am dealing with a major hospital which I won't mention and the earliest appt for an US was 6 weeks from that day.  Should I seek a second opinion?  Some days are good and some days my buttons are popping off my pants from the extreme pain and bloating. Sorry if this is a little confusing! Thanks for your feedback.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for posting this.  This is exactly my situation.  I had a 6 cm cyst removed 03/2005 and am now going through the same thing.  I have done great since the scope but all the sudden I have pain on the lower right side (where my cyst was removed) and lower back.  As of this month my period is irregular once again where after the surgery I've been regular without the pill.  I am going to the GYN this week.  It's scary.  When I read your post I could not believe someone else had the exact same symptoms and size cyst removed.  I'll try to remember to come back and post what I find out and would like to know what you find out as well.  God bless.
Helpful - 0
Hi and welcome! I have most of the same symptoms you do, my cyst was found 6wks ago. I can no longer wear my jeans, just elasticized stuff. My doc also didn't feel the cyst, but sent for the u/s anyway. Can you find another place to do your ultrasound so that you don't have to wait 6wks? Of course, it may be best to wait anyway because it could disappear by then!
Good luck and God Bless,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your comments.  It is nice to know that the GI symptoms might be related to the cyst and not another separate problem. I will wait and see what the US has to offer. I appreciate your kind words!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the info...  I am going to go for another pelvic with a different OBGYN that is outside of my insurance. Don't know if I can afford an US outside of my insurance though!  I hope you too feel better soon!  It will be nice to not feel like your midsection is going to pop any second like an overinflated balloon, huh?  :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome!  Your symptoms so appear to be those of an ovarian issue.  GI problems are common with ovarian cysts.  I had 2 dermoids that my dr did not feel during a pelvic, so don't let the us get you out of whack.  The us will show so much more.  Just remember that 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.