Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Measurements

I was reading Yute's post with her measurements from her U/S and the report looks great but gave me some concern over my numbers because my numbers seem much larger.  What is the average uterus and ovary measurement?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My uterus is 14 cm X 6 cm x 6 cm - with a 1.5 cm lining thickness.  Right ovary is not reliably viewed (it's the one with more discomfort - and the left was is 4.3 cm x 2.9 cm x 2.6 cm with a 3.9 cyst with septation.

The sonogram was done because my period stopped for about three months.  FSH is 6.4, so menopause is not an issue - I'm 50.

Now I've started my period and it has been going for three weeks - so she's scheduled me for another sonogram, and already said she's probably going to suggest "surgical intervention."  

I take good notes while she talks, but I don't digest information very fast, and don't really know what it all means.

I have one fibroid noted - 5 cm x 4 cm, on the back wall - top.
Lots of small cervical cysts.

I've had essentially painless, regular periods for the last ten years, but they have been extremely heavy - keeping me housebound about two days each month.

What does all this sound like to you ladies?  
Sonogram is scheduled for Monday afternoon - and while she's never seemed inclined to do anything surgically before (said she wanted to keep me intact until 54 in the last couple of years), her comment during our phone call yesterday kind of blew me out of the saddle!

I would appreciate any insight -

thanks.

irishflame
Helpful - 0

Okay, so my uterus measuring 11cm x 6 x6 cm and never having had children and still menstruating (38) is fairly enlarged.
Helpful - 0
It varies.  But ovary size is about the size of a walnut. Uterus depends on what stage of life you are in-pre, peri-menopausal.
Helpful - 0
I don't know an "average". I do know that age makes the reproductive organs smaller. Just for comparison, my uterus is approx. 7cm and my normal ovary 3cm. My enlarged one is almost 6
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
My guess would be that there isn't really such thing as an "average" measurement size. Women are all shaped differently on the outside and inside so the size of the uterus in relationship to the ovaries probably rests on a lot of factors... like past pregnancies. Talk to your doctor about it if you are really worried about it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.