Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
117289 tn?1391712825

Return of Symptoms

Good morning everyone.  As most of you know, I had 2 softball sized dermoids along with my right ovary and 90% of my left ovary removed 12/21/05.  Well, about 2 weeks ago, I started having lower back pain on the left side.  Didn't think much of it since I had started yoga and thought I had stretched too much.  I have put on about 4 lbs since then and have had some pressure in my rectum and also alternating constipation and loose stools.  I've been having a crampy feeling in my pelvic area.  Yesterday I had a sharp pain in my left pelvic area, advil relieved it, but when the advil wears off, it comes back.  I don't have my period anymore, so I can't go by irregular periods.  Needless to say, my drs office is closed on Tuesdays, so I thought I would bring this up here and get some info from you wonderful ladies whom I call my friends.
~Tascha
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Are you running a low grade temp?  Is your back warm to the touch where it's sore?  I hope this is nothing than a strained muscle, but you sound concerned.  (((Tascha)))
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
No temp and it is not warm to the touch. (Don't worry, I gave myself the 99% speech:-))
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Good girl!  The hardest thing is to take our own advice and to practice what we preach huh?  I'm glad you didn't have those two symptoms!  Try and take it easy today till you can get to the doctor.  =)
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I've been lurking around and posting some for over 2 months now. You have been there for everyone. Even if you couldn't answer their questions you post with careing and thoughfulness.

I wish you well and hope everything is all right. You are in my prayers.

Helpful - 0
Okay, I don't like this! I want you to be well, with all your problems behind you!
I am really sorry to hear this is going on with you.....still, you know you need to be checked....I just wish you could go in today. Tomorrow will be here before you know it (and you will probably feel better and try to justify not going in..haha..I know that's what I'd do). You do need to go in.
You know I don't know what is going on...I had a TAH via a 9" vertical incision from pubic bone to navel...I figure things are shifting around in there taking what ever space they need since the uterus, etc are no longer taking up space. My back bothers me some..not as much as before surgery. Occasionally I have pressure on my rectum, but emptying it seems to help.
WE both know some of those cysts can grow rather quickly...and they are 99% benign (just like the other two)....you just need to find out what's going on.
Just for the record..my hair is sort of reddish pink;; and, now, the white/gray is starting to re-appear at the roots! I am quite colorful these days with no clue as to what my next step (or disaster) will be.
Tascha, pleasse don't leave me out here wondering what is going on with you.  Peace to you and yours.  dian
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Don't worry, I will keep you informed.  I am kinda hoping it is stuff moving around, although with the pain being only on the left makes me wander.  I know how fast these things grow, and the chances of it being ovca are very slim. Since there is a small portion of ovary, it could very well be another cyst.
I now have a wonderful mental image of you and your hair.  That alone is enough to get me through the day:-)  Sorry about your Dad, but I know how you feel.  My dad succumbed to the effects of agent orange 12 yrs ago (he was 57).  He flew helicopters in VN (3 tours).  Take it easy today!  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
That was what I was going to ask....if you thought it might be that pesky 10% acting up. It makes sence that after only 2 1/2 months things could still be getting reshuffled in there...I don't know, but you know your body, and what is not normal. So keep us posted. You are always there for all of us ..so Here I am! Givin out the good vibes.~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~ See them? There they go! ~~~ ~~~ ~~~  Need some more? ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ Ha !   Cindi
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Ok, I know I am going to show my age, but......I'm pickin' up good vibrations......  Thanks you gals:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
It really breaks my heart to hear about these problems you have been having. You are an insperation(sp). You have helped me so much. I regret to tell you I also have these symptoms. I feel ya! You are very knowledgable, and already know what to do! Let me know if I can help. I will wait with you until you figure out what this pesky thing is!!! I will be thinking about you!

Bethany :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey girl, did you go back to work today?  Yea, I know what I have to do, just wish I didn't, ya know?!?  I know you've been through the ringer with the ORS.  Right now, I'm wishing he had just taken the whole thing out, but hindsite is always 20/20.
Luv ya sis, and thanks again!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Sorry you're feeling bad. I know what you mean by wishing it was all out,(I've wondered what my choice would be if I had to go through it), then you wouldn't worry as much. My granny says..."Don't borrow trouble".
I hope it all turns out okay!
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
The pelvic pain is a quick jab of pain.  It like hits me then fades away.  The back pain is just a constant dull ache (as I had before).  Right now there is no pelvic pain, but my abdominal area feels bloated.  Both pains are on the left, however I do get the occasional pain on the right (referred pain).  It is not unbearable, but I know I should not feel any pain at all.  Don't worry.  Even if, like dian, I feel fine tomorrow I am still calling the dr.  I have written down all of my symptoms so i won't forget anything.  Thanks for being here for me.  Luv ya sis
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.