Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
123128 tn?1189755827

its me again i have an update on my situation

went to the doctors today to talk about the cyst on my ovary the last ultra sound i got was on the 23rd and today i got another one and found out the cyst grew an inch so the total diameter is 11cm so anyway my doctor told me he wants to drain the cyst by stickin a needle into my stomach OUCH! and the reason for this is because i am 32 weeks pregnant and doing a full out cyst removal is too risky for me and the baby... they are not 100% sure that draining this will work but they say it will help slow the growth of the cyst so that way after i give birth vaginally i can get the cyst removed a few weeks later i have no idea if any of this makes sense..... but has anyone out there ever gotten a cyst drained?? i need to know how painful it is
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No sorry I can not give you any insight.  But I have had a fine needle biopsy on my thyroid which sounded just as awful and it wasn't really too bad.  Hang in there.
Deb
Helpful - 0
I have had fibroids drained in my breast and they also were not too bad.

My thoughts are with you.
Helpful - 0
123128 tn?1189755827
so thursday March 9th i have an appointment to get this darn thing drained hope all goes well but thank you all for your support
Helpful - 0
I wish you the best of luck! I have never had anything drained, so I have no idea what it will be like. Sounds like a good idea since you are preggers! You and the little one are in my prayers! Tell us how it goes!!!

Bethany :)
Helpful - 0
Best wishes during your appointment!
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, at least this is the least invasive and best for you and your baby.  Also, your dr. should be able to get the pathology of the cyst with the fluid and hopefully give you a better idea as to what it is.  You and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.