Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Have seen Gyn Dr. Now a little more confused ??

Hi,

First.. thank you for your helpful words that got me through a long weekend of waiting. I went to see the GYN yesterday Army Maj... she did not have my records nor the ultra sound report.
She winds up running me over to to have another ultra sound which seemed very rushed to me. This lady remarked there is the left ovary it is wonderful, I can't see the right and I see what may be a little something there...doesn't look like anything too small to be a problem... She was talking to the Dr who was standing right there. Then the Dr sent me for a CAT scan ( no results yet)then my husband checked up on me and was confused so he ran down the ultra sound report from the other hospital  while I waited for cat scan. We thought that when the dr called me last week she got it confused with someone else because they did not see what she had told me in this new ultra sound. The old one says there is a mass lower.....can't remember wording and gives a 8x8x1.5 measurement then also says there is a cyst on the left ovary no measurement given. But we asked the radioligst there and he said they were two seperate things found ( we were thinking it might be just one and we were not understanding the terms)We got a copy of the 1st ultra sound report sent to the Dr who I had seen that morning and had ordered the Cat scan and who had also had a second ultra sound done which was totally different. So here I am with the same symptoms, two different ultra sounds (vaginal) and now waiting for cat scan. Will that be more reliable? Not sure what to think or trust? Any Advise?
Again Thanks!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It's always hard to have different opinions with the technology--after all, that's supposed to be definitive, or so we think.  I had a CAT scan, brought it to my GYN Doc and he told me he doesn't know how to read a CAT scan so he did a pelvic U/S.  Depends on who is reading the results and what their expertise is.  Hang in there, two out of the three will probably give you some real info.
Helpful - 0
Could it be endmetrial or uterine mass?  What are you symptoms?
Helpful - 0
I have had back pain, pain like cramping, feeling like I have to go to the bathroom all the time (pee), tired ( I think because I do not sleep well with all the trips to the bathroom or cramps). Really the bladder thing has bothered me the most.. I guess it is the most difficult for me to deal with. I was put on detrol but it is not a help.
Helpful - 0
Its the mass that is pressing on your bladder and if you are cramping, it probably is endometrial/uterine.  It could be a fibroid in your uterus.  Are you having heavy bleeding with your periods?  Since you did not mention the right ovary, I am assuming it measured normal, unless the missing word is adnexal and then that could be a right ovarian cyst.  Maybe they will call and you will get the missing word.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome to the lovely world of hurry up and wait!!!  You are in the right place as we have been there before you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.