Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Finally...The Waiting Game is Over!!

Well, I am very impressed with my Dr.  I was scheduled for an appt on Friday, so when my phone rang at 7:30 this morning, I was not expecting to hear his voice on the other end.  Here is the long story, short....still have the complex cyst on left side, slighlty smaller.  If I am not mistaken, he said something about multi-cystic lesions.  I have more fluid in right fallopian tube with fluid and lesions on right ovary, and of course, I still have adenemyosis in uterus.  He asked me how I felt, and I said horrible, and with that we scheduled 4/4 for hysterectomy, tube removal, and "possibly" removal of ovary on right and cyst (if still there)on left.  He will do it through lap. and vag. unless there are other complications.  Although nervous about the surgery, I feel so relieved that there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.  This period has been so bad.  Not the bleeding (due to the ablation), but the nausea, cramps and bloating are, at times, close to unbearable.  My hormones are all over the place, and I miss not being "myself".  The only worry I have is if I leave my ovaries in, am I going to be back on the table with more "issues" down the road?  Does anyone have advise in this regard?
Thanks for listening to my babble...you ladies are the best :)
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
I have surgical menopause due to ovary removal.  Haven't started hormones yet, waiting for some tests to come back and then we will discuss things.  I am 45.  Hope this helps even a little.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
That is a tough decision.  You are young.  I imagine that would make the decision a lot more difficult.  It's impossible to know if you'll develop cysts...you read of it on here all the time, but I'm sure many women don't have it happen as well.  Do you have a gut feeling on it?  Is your doctor leaning a certain way about you keeping at least one ovary?
Helpful - 0
Bananie22, I will be 34 in a few months, so I am well away from menopause.  I truly do not want to go through surgical menopause and have to deal with taking hormones, but I also do not want to face another risk of surgery down the road.  I am very torn.

Lawyermom, so good to hear from you!  How are things going??  Thanks for thinking of me and keeping me in your prayers.  That means a lot :)
Helpful - 0
Hi Fabmom!  I missed you!  I am glad that you are coping well with things and that there is a light for you.  I will be praying for you during your surgery!!!
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear it! You seem so certain about what you want. You go girl!! I hope you start feeling better when it's over. Missed ya'
((((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
I had a hysterectomy at your age for endo but they left my ovaries.  I am facing another surgery but it is 11 years later.  I am now 46 and still afraid of surgical menopause but at this stage the risk of keeping the ovaries outweighs the benefits.  I know at 35 they did not feel that way.  I am glad I kept them even though this is now going on. Taking your ovaries so young unless you really have to leads to a lot of other issues.  Think this over carefully.
Helpful - 0
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?  I'm wondering if you're near "menopause age" or not.  I wanted to keep my ovary because I'm 41 and having no signs of menopause yet.  I can understand how the thought of another surgery would be worrisome though.  I'm happy for you that you finally know what's going on and are getting it taken care of!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.