Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
123128 tn?1189755827

me again with and update

Well today was my appointment to get my cyst drained... they took out a liter of fluid which is alot LOL they couldn't get it all the cyst is till 5cm and is still going to grow. I started having contractions and needed drugs to make em stop but i am home and everything is fine =) Once the baby is born i have to have an actual surgery to remove the entire thing plus they were thinking about removing the ovary as well, now i am only 23 yrs old and i am not sure what kind of effect losing an ovary will have but i am sure everything will be fine... Just wanted to update everyone on my condition=)
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That's great! Wow that is a lot of fluid! Glad that you and the baby are okay! Get lots of rest! I hope removing the fluid has helped make you feel a little better! Good Luck!

Bethany :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
More great news.  Well you all know what I am doing, yep the happy dance.  What a great day!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Yay!  So was the procedure about what you thought it would be?  If you keep an ovary you should be ok as far as menopause goes.  That must have been a little scary having contractions...you poor thing.  I can't believe what you're going through while pregnant.  You're one strong woman!
Helpful - 0
123128 tn?1189755827
yea it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be well the procedure it was painless. the nurse kept asking me if i was having contractions i was saying no but apparently i was i couldnt feel it LOL it kinda scared me for a few mins but right now everything is very good aside from being a lil sleepy but i can't complain
Helpful - 0
That's great! I've heard nothing but good outcomes as far as cysts and pregnancy goes. My granny's associate pastor's wife just had a cyst removed while pg. She was fine too.
Anyway, I know what ya' mean about the ovary removal....I'm just 26 and it definintely makes ya' think.
Best wishes to you and your baby,
((((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.