Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Cyber Party !!!!!

Geetings to the Batallion of Loyal Women!  
     We may be hormonally challenged, certainly, and unorganized, most assuredly, but can't agree on the "Barbaric" descriptor, that we are not! (unless the Cyber Party gets too wild!!!)  
     It has been a stressfull week for everyone so let's relax and get to know each other beyond the various issues that bring us here to the Forum.  We have many new members and would love to get to know you all better.  We are not shy about telling our age here and love to talk about our kids, DH's and families.  We like to know where everyone hales from as the Battalion includes women from all over the US and Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and France.  The Battalion is truly global!  So drop in, bring goodies, pour yourself a beverage and we'll party!  

Mary V.

A special thanks to Dian our peacekeeper for the group name, I like The Battalion, it fits given the battles we all wage and the courageous character of the Woman here who are it's members!
41 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am really just loving the title of book.  I think it should be written.  I can definitely see it featured on Oprah.
Helpful - 0
Oh this is so sad, I actually worried about my pinhead and if I would look fat once my hair was gone.  I think the book title could be expanded to be used for cancer support groups.  That way we would go with the expectation that we're going to laugh our sorry little bald heads off.  
L (takin' another sip of wine and munching on those chips)
Helpful - 0
I'd say my head is purdy white under this dark hair o' mine...I reckon I'd use one of them spray on tanners. Or I could just use clown white make-up on my face....either way, one would match the other! Can I have some grenadine please, I wanna' make cherry coke.
Helpful - 0
How about a glass of cabernet for me?  Whose pouring, Mary V?  Thanks!  

All my life I have had straight straight hair.  My mother alsways said she married my dad for his curls and then she had a daughter with her straight hair.  After a large dose of radioiodine for thyroid cancer my hair really thinned.  Didn't go bald but it thinned a lot.  Two years later I have the curliest hair.  I love it!  Yesterday I had my 15 year old son in for a haircut and the lady was asking me if I had a perm!  I told her no, radiation.  The only good thing that came out of cancer!  

I am 46, three boys, 22, 17 and 15.  A great husband. Running is my passion and I have done 7 marathons.  Don't think I will be doing any more, though.
Helpful - 0
105530 tn?1279585282
Mid
G'Day from Sydney Australia.
I just wanted to say that reading all post and how you are all so helpful to people is greattttttt and even though i dont know any of you i feel as if I do.
And thank you for being here for everyone.

I thought i would come to the cyber party even though for me it is Sunday 12.09pm so yep I'm your tomorrow but i can not tell you any of the winning numbers in any lotto and i cant really say who is going to have a sore head after the party.
So you all take care and again thank you for being here.
ps i not the best of spellers so please forgive me.

Take care Mid
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey girls, can someone turn up the music?  I feel like dancin'

~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Or maybe we could invest in that product that's advertised on late night TV--you know, its a shield for your head and a can of spray paint?
L
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Remember hair plugs???
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey Mid welcome to the party.  Maybe vixen will make it too, she's from your neck of the woods.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Yeah, we could have a series of evenly placed hairs marching across our baldie heads and dye each of them a different color.  That way we could be right in with the crowd at the Grammy's
:) :) L
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Hi all! As my friend in Sydney just told you, we have just gone past midday here in Oz, so okay now for me to crack open my chilled chardonnay! Mmmmmmm, very crisp! That guacomole is excellent btw!!! Yum. It's hot here today, 35 degrees celcius (don't know what that is in US Raven - but pretty balmy I must say!) I'm wondering what woulda happened if I'd had to have chemo, cause I already have frizzy, curly hair, and from previous posts, wondered if mine woulda grown back even more wiry!!! (OR MAYBE IT'D HAVE GONE STRAIGHT!!!) Anyway, a good wig sounds just the go!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
For the pagent we can have categories like... Most Shiney or Best Shaped,  maybe even Most Colorfull......
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
It was hot here today too, Vixen. I'm in the Appalachians of Tennessee and it was an unseasonably warm 78F! I planted a lavender bush and moved some of my boxwood hedges over because they're gettin' so bushy. Also, had little man's 3rd birthday party this morning. I'm worn out.
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Any cake left over Raynbow?? I particularly love bright green icing!
Helpful - 0
Hi CindiSue here,

I have to say I had a friend in high school named Louanna. She once went out with my now husband of 26yrs! He said she had very soft lips! HA HA!

I won't be drinking this evening. Have my surgery Fri and am trying to stay hearlthy. My 1 1/2 yr old granddaughter has a cold so I'm pushing the water. Have a little sore throat but hoping it won't get bad.

I am 47 and have 5 kids, 26yr old son, who has 2 little girls, 4 and 1 1/2 and a lovely wife, a 25yr old daughter who has 2 boys 6 and 3 and a great hubby, and at home we have 17 yr son who is graduating soon and 2 girls 13 and 11. Married my high school sweetie. He is mostly bald and I have always had very thick long straight hair. He won't even let me say the C word but I imagine a little "shared baldness" could be an area for some humor!

Getting a few thunderstorms here so probably won't be able to "stay cyber" but wanted to check in. My garden and orchard need the rain and it smells like spring so that is okay.

Have a great party and no running around the hot tub!   Cindi

Helpful - 0
Kewl, 'cause we got a Thomas the Train cake and it has all kinds of icing...green, blue, red, and white....It's the least rich, it is cool whip icing...on chocolate cake.  Green is my dd fave color (she's only 4!) LOL
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I'm in Southern Maryland and it was really warm today too, 72f.  Lucky me, I just raked the yard and got the leaves out of the flower beds.  But you know, I saw some of my perinials sprouting. I love it when new growth starts.  I always feel that it is a new beginning and every thing is going to grow and thrive.  Pretty much like us, huh?
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
So is the hot tub suit optional?
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
My boys are 16 and 14 and Thomas the Tank Engine was their favourite many moons ago! My daughter who is now 11, also loves green!! Happy Birthday to your darling boy!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
We could have a scar competition too.  You know - Biggest, Smallest, Most, etc!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
I was a little disappointed when the staples came out, cause they were holding a fold of about a cm of fat in between! BLAST!!
Helpful - 0
The day of my surgery I did my own hair shave and asked my daughter to draw a something over the area.  She said as she was drawing a jack-o-lantern on my pubic area, "If anyone asks me what is the most intimate moment I've had with my mother, well this is it."  I could hardly wait for the surgeons to lift my gown and see that grinning face smiling back at them.  When they saw it they just about fell on the floor laughing.  Later that's all my surgeon could talke about!!
L
Helpful - 0
Southern Maryland!!  I am in North West Maryland.  It was a beautiful day today.  It was like all that has happened this week, good news received, not so good news recieved but today the sun shined down on us to let us know that we are still alive and full of life!!!  Since I moved about 3 years ago I have gotten into gardening despite my dislike for bugs.  I must be the only gardener that gardens with Raid near by.  I know I give my neighbors a show at times running from the little critters but it is relaxing - the gardening part that is.  My bulbs are starting to shoot up.  Can't wait until they bloom!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey there neighbor!!  I just love it when things start to grow.  It was a beautiful day today, wasn't it?  Tomorrow is going to be just as nice.  We have to be outside tomorrow 'cause the kids have ball practice.  I have a 12 yr old daughter (will be 13 in May) and a 9 yr old son (will be 10 in April).
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.