Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cyber Pary cont'd

Well, I guess that last one ended on a good note! LOL Tascha!!
Everyone speechless?!?
38 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oops, forgot to mention in my last post about the hair.  I am (was) kinky headed, too.  Long reddish blonde curls.  Even had a hairdresser ask me once if I had any African American in my background because my scalp had tiny, kinky curls all over it.  Chemo took my hair back in October, but it is starting to grow out again, and is soft as can be.  It's coming out much darker, too.  One of the things I did to keep my sense of humor was to get a long straight wig.  I figured I'd never had straight hair before in my life, so why not totally change my look while I had the chance?  Turns out, the wig was a bit itchy, though, so I stick to hats and scarves.  Im' thinking about trying to get one of those rainbow clown wigs to wear on April Fool's Day, though.  Too bad it's a Saturday this year, and I can't wear it to work!  

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello ladies.  It's going on Midnight where I am, so I have a feeling I'm coming in pretty late, and a lot of you may already be in bed.  I haven't done my weekly shopping yet, so the only thing I have to offer is some Diet Mt. Dew and a box of Ding Dongs!  But, it's chocolate, right?  Put them in the freezer, and they are even better.  

Vixen and Mid, did you all say you are from Syndey?  My DH is from Australia, too.  He grew up in Wagga Wagga, and moved to Sydney when he was 19.  He moved to the states permanently in September 2001, a month before we got married.
Helpful - 0
Ravenlady, you're still here!  I was just going to come back and offer to help clean up.  The hottub sounds great right about now though.  I'll raise to Bluesgirl too.  Too much to go through.  Soniek sounds a little better - although it will still be to time to get back to full swing, it is good news.

Is the tub the right temperature.  I just need to get a skimy suit to show off my new markings...  Be right in.
Cheri
Helpful - 0
So I'm not the only one that's been petted?  With me it's older women.  Go figure.  You're grandkids will be talking about that one for years to come.  I once even tried putting my hands up in puppy beg position - and barked.  

What works wonders on my hair is Biolage Conditioning Balm.  I thought of switching to all natural, but that big ball of frizz, I couldn't do that on purpose.  My secret is right out of the shower I put a mix of 50-50 biolage w/water all over my hair, fluff (comb only in the shower first) and don't touch again.  It dries in soft curls like Shirly Temple but longer.  Anyone else have secrets?  I think I'll skip the radiation trick though unless need be.  Geez, I think it would bother me more than a long scar.
  Cheers,
    Cheri
Helpful - 0
Hi All, (I'm waving hi)

I signed on to reply to a couple people I've been posting with, be first wanted to stop by the party!!  Knowing it was coming a got a huge vat of my favorite soy delicious praline pecan flavor ice cream(ish) to share with everyone.  I've been trying not to gain weight and the health food store has it on sale this month, so a virtual vat sounds like it will finally hit the craving that forms everytime I pass it.  I roasted up some almonds and hot chocolate and pecan syrup to dress it up.  (Geez, I sound hungry - and I just ate a plentiful dinner...)
Be back soon,
  Cheri

Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey girl, you made it.  Not to put a damper on the party, but Dawn (bluesgrlIN) went to the hospital yesterday with dvt.  She's ok and home now.  I think we should toast to her and the fact that we still have her with us.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
ok - I don't know how I hit the "post" button - I've only just begun to drink (grin). O.K., it seems the topic is hairballs - on top of your head, in your ovary, or drawing on the pubic hair. You guys crack me up! I'm almost ashamed to say I was out having my hair cut and colored! All of this talk about bald heads today and my book made me think I should get my hair done - just in case it'll be a while again. I love you guys, you're great. I've poured myself a nice chilled glass of red wine and I'm ready to party. Do we have a designated driver?!
My DH thinks I've lost it, I've been reading your cyber party posts and laughing my head off. He probably thinks I've gotten into his Vicodin or something.
Robin
Helpful - 0
Sorry to show up in my bathrobe, I haven't hardly bothered to get dressed for TWO WEEKS, since surgery, is that disgusting or what.  There is no point in going outside as it is (here we go again, sorry about the Celsius) minus 13 C.  I have washed said bathrobe a few times though don't worry!  I have worn sweats once or twice if someone stopped by, but I can't stand anything over the swelly belly :)
My husband works at home and all the kids have flown the coop and the dogs don't care what I wear as long as I keep the treats comin'!  
I brought chocolate covered almonds....enjoy!
Helpful - 0
I just posted on the other site....got the last word in....take a peek!
peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Here's to Dawn, May her days be bright and her health be the envy of every Olympian.
CHEERS
Helpful - 0
Hi Dian!
Did you see my post under your comment on "1% minority?"
Go check it out if you want and hurry back.........................
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
I just got in on the tail end of the other post for the party. But, I had to write the post in spurts, and so when it finally posted (I apparently took the last posting space) I noticed a new party thread was practically filled up. What am I trying to say? ...I sound like a little kid..."don't miss my post." Guess it has been a long time since I've been to a party! Nice to part of this special group. Mary
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
The only driver I see is the one in my pc!!  Ugh, bad joke.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Parties really rolling!!!  I gotta pass this week.  Antibiotics and alcohol don't mix, but I'm usually a margarita, rocks, no salt.  Plus we're out again tonight.  Friends of ours play in an amatuer orchestra and we're going to listen.

I'm going to be FIFTY in June.  Cannot believe it.  I have four children - daughter almost 22 and getting married this summer, son 19, daughter 17 yesterday and we spent the afternoon at the mall together, and daughter 14 almost 15.  I remarried in December of 2003 on Christmas Eve.  He, I, my mom who has some health problems of her own - four strokes before she was 65 but still kickin' - and the two younger kids live in the Tacoma area, actually, closer to Olympia, WA than Seattle.

Anyway - pork loin, carrots and this yummy potato stuff I made for dinner and it's ready now so I've got to split.  We have 25 minutes to be out the door.  Too much fun at the mall today. . . Spent some time at Bath and Body Works too.  I love that place.  Have a good time ladies.  Love, hugs and God bless, Barb
Helpful - 0
Gatsby,
That was funny! This is obviously going to require much more wine than I had anticipated....
Robin
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey Barb, have a great time!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I've got an open bottle right here.  Let me pour you a glass.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hey....Ladies...go back to the first post and read the last two posts...Mary 53 and I were talking to you not knowing you guys had left the room!! How rude! Leave without telling us!  What's wrong...you didn't want us at the party?!
Well.......hmmph...
Peace, anyway!
dian
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Of course we want you here.  It wouldn't be the same.:-)  I am just eager to find out what color you are going with this time.
Any thoughts or are you just going to wing it??
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are going to have to let us know how it turns out.  Do you have that hotline # to Miss Clarol??
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hey all - My mom just came to town to stay with my boys while we take our presurgery trip.  So we went out to dinner and I had a few glasses of wine and toasted the cyber party goin on back here!  

Are the almonds dark chocolate????  My favorite!!
Helpful - 0
Yeah....I know Gowrie, Webster City, Eagle Grove....they are part of my back yard.......do you know Spencer?  I live about 28 miles straight west.....small world , huh?
You guys in Arizona got rain today.....Yeahhhh!
I have a 25 year old son living in Mesa....perhaps when we visit him you and I could meet face to face....where in Arizona do you live?
It's time to party, kiddo!
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
I almost missed this party but I signed on just in time.
Wow, looking at all these profiles I feel like an underachiver.
I just turned 52 a few weeks ago.  I have not had to face the big C yet.  I figure the odds are in my favour.  I have surgery April 28.  My name is Brenda and I worked in xray for 30 years.  I was lucky because I really enjoyed what I did.  The last few years were not the greatest what with cut backs and my health getting worse(from the liver failure). I just did not know that I was that sick.  In a way it was lucky because my cycst would not have been found for a long time if I had not been having ultrasounds every three months.
I live about 60 miles north east of Toronto, Ontario. Nice little town called Uxbridge.  My husband and I have been spoile because he works in town and so did I.  We did not have to commute like a lot of people around here.  Weather was not excuse for not getting to work.  We could both walk there if we had to.
We have one son( thanks to infertlity treatment and clomid).  He is 21 and in his second year of college in marketing.  He took another course for 1 1/2 years and then decided to change.
College teachers are on strike right now and all the college students are just hoping that they are not out too long.  It is their last semester and most have to work summer jobs.
For the folks that have lost their hair.  I had thought about that possiblity happening to me.  I hope I can keep my sense of houmor- not easy when you feel awful.  I told my husband and son that I might draw a happy face on it from time to time.
I have been very surprised at how many places people are from on this site.
Well party on.  I am typing in semi-darkness and it is not easy.
Bye for now.
Helpful - 0
Hey Livertrans - April 28 is my birthday.  So I will be thinking good thoughts for your surgery! Deb
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.