Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Venting

Aaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Okay I feel little better now.  Just 2 more days before my next appointment.  And, of course I feel fine.  This of course makes deciding what to do all the more difficult.  Who has the crystal ball, I would like to borrow it for a minute.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
I know, that's what I do.  Pain, pain and then time for the appt. and the pain is gone.  Then you second guess, decide you are ok and for go the appt.  Well, I have learned my lesson and I just write it down when I am feeling the pain, so I have the info with me at the time of the appt.  We are all in the same boat!  Happy Sailing, yeah right.  
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Other than being much more nerve-wracked the month before I was finally going to get surgery (for what turned out to be an endometrioma), I actually had fewer symptoms - or they weren't as bad as they had been for months before.  The cyst had stayed somewhat stable in the preceding months - and I ended up getting it imaged in one way or another every few weeks b/c they were looking for another problem and took a peek at that while they were at it.  Then no imaging and fewer symptoms for the 4 wks before surgery...

But the cyst had grown considerably in size in that one month that I had fewer symptoms.  I'm not sure exactly how big it was b/c I haven't gone to my follow-up appt yet (this week).  But acc to my family's frustratingly sketchy version of what the surgeon told them after the surgery, it was quite a bit bigger than my uterus and I had endo everywhere including a cyst on my right ovary - which was never caught on any of the imaging I had.  The picture I got looks like the left cyst that we had been following is 2-3x bigger than my uterus if I am looking at it right.  Also, I had a lot fewer symptoms this time when there was a bigger mess going on than years ago when I had horrible symptoms and not such a mess.

So, you just never know....

I'm sorry for being out to lunch, but I can't remember if you have an idea what that cyst is? Here I am blathering on about endometriosis.... Maybe it was a functional cyst that burst and so your symptoms are starting to dissipate?  That would be nice!  I don't feel like a particularly lucky person, so I always like to play it safe and treat things as I would under the worst case scenario - as in hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  Is your fu appt an u/s or a clinic visit w/ the Gyn?  Good luck at the appt and I hope that your diminishing symptoms mean good news for you.
Helpful - 0
LOL!! Yeah, obviously not all things are "textbook"....Let's all read to our reproductive organs the chapter on "symptoms".
And unfortunately, some of the ladies bodies need the chapter on "normal recovery"!
:-)
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
There is a book by Dr. William Parker.  I haven't seen it, but his website is good.  It cuts through all the rigamaroll, to the practical of what works, and how stuff behaves inside...  Maybe a good start to the User's Manual collection?  (Hey, for  first three years at IBM we all thought this central stuff called Job Control Language was like folklore, handed down from one generation of IBMer's to the next using only oral traditions -- and then one day I moved to a new office...and found a real live manual.  We geeks partied well that day to our new bible.  So there's still hope for us women too!)

I spend tons of time trying to figure out if I needed surgery for symptomless cyst that had barely grown in two years.  It had started showing changes that probably meant nothing...  One doctor finally said to me, that even benign I need it out - because I had 8 years to average age of menopause and it was going to keep growing slowly.  What I learned about endometriomas is that they tend to make a mess by sticking to things inside.  It was big but it wasn't stuck yet, and had I waited...

I don't know how this translates to endometrisis, but I guess one of the questions is if it's okay now, is that just giving it time to become worse?  Now that I wish I had an answer to give you!

Also once this symptomless thing was out (and lost ovary too), turns out there were some low level symptoms I hadn't realized.  If the symptoms are on and off, are they kind of there all the time in different degrees?  Of course there is the other hand too, of how well what you are planning works for what what you have.
  Cheri
Helpful - 0
Thanks Ray.  Unfortunately I don't think I have ever been symptomatic whenever I've gone to see the GYN.  But then I was taking OTC medicine whenever I was having symptoms just did not know then that they were symptoms.  Just thought they were normal for me.  Okay, for real now, who has the Woman's Body Instruction book?!?!  I know I saw it around here somewhere, or was that a dream?  LOL
Helpful - 0
The report says multiple fibroids and a complex cyst on the left ovary.  My appointment is a clinical visit with the GYN to go over the results of my endometrial biopsy.  I don't think she will be doing an examination.  i will definitely mention the fact that I have not had symptoms since the ultrasound.  At least symptoms that I am aware of.  I am also going to ask about having another ultrasound performed, although I am guessing she may say it is not needed since the fibroids will still be there regardless of whether the cyst is there or not.  But I will still ask.  This is soooo draining....
Helpful - 0
Your post is interesting to me, my doc has changed his 1st guess of hemorrhagic cyst, to now maybe it's an endometrioma or teratoma....He told me the cyst is attaching to my ovary, and I just recently had the 6wk follow-up!! ugh! Things have changed so much in that amount of time, but reading about the cyst you had makes me think that maybe he is right and it is from endo, even though I've never been dx'd with that. Will know for sure soon...12 days.
Thanks,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Raynbow,
I asked that same doctor point blank how I could have an endo when I had zero endometriosis symptoms.  She and later other doctors seconded that you can have just a spec and tons of pain, and no pain and tons of endometriosis.  She said that's why it's referred to as "great fooler" in the profession.

The surgeon fully expected to find other sites of it given mine cyst was getting large (4.5ish) but only found one other spec and ablated it.  The rest including appendix was clean.  I think that result surprised her.
Cheri

Helpful - 0
LOL!! I was in that situation 2 days before my follow-up u/s and was beginning to wonder why I was even going.....well, the morning of, I was symptomatic again! And of course, it had grown and more stuff was found. I don't wanna' jinks you, but I'm guessing that it would make you feel better knowing that you're having symptoms... and I bet that you will be feeling them again on your appointment day too. I don't know if it's nerves that makes it worse or what, but sometimes our bodies play tricks on us. Maybe God can give you sign or something!
Take care,
((((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.