Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

New Article about Cysts

Hey ya'll, I just wanted to share this article about ovarian cysts and it was written in January of this year...I hate to say it, but this doc gives the benign percentage rate a high of 93%...That's still good, but not as great as 99% of course. Sorry Tascha, I'm not meaning to offend or even send the article for this reason...It just happens to have some other interesting stuff...Written by a gyn in Santa Monica, CA. I think.
(((Raynbow

http://www.obgmanagement.com/article_pages.asp?AID=3743&UID=
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you can find out the name of the author it would be great.  I live and work in the Santa Monica area and know all of the OB/Gyn docs here and can give you a feel for his rep.
L
Helpful - 0
Thanks Louanna, Here it is:

William H. Parker, MD
Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Saint John
Helpful - 0
What I know of him is that he is really conservative in his approach to medicine which may account for his lower percentage.
L
Helpful - 0
okey dokey! Thanks,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
I wonder if this is the same doc that Ttobba and Curls mentioned in a thread titled "To oopher or Not to oopher" on 3/9/06?? They said they saw a book written by a Dr.William Parker at Barnes&Noble.
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Based on what I read on his site, I ordered his book earlier today.
Helpful - 0
Whoa! Okay, Green makes 3. That makes what I read seem more reliable. What is the book about?
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
"Me too.  Me too"  I'm really curious too.  - Cheri
Helpful - 0
The book seems to discuss a lot of different topics, fibroids, cysts, endo, etc... in regards to the woman's reproductive system.  Based on the excerpts it talks about symptoms, treatments and a lot of other things.  If you go to the site you will be able to click on a link containing excerpts.  Seems to be yet another source of information.  My book should arrive this Tuesday.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.