Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

concerned with the bloating

Hi, I am a 33 year old female, I have been dealing with severe bloating for about 3 years now and the doctors have told me that I have IBS. I am currently on zelnorm. I have had to go to the er twice this week becuase the pain has been so bad and the bloating I can not deal with anymore. The constipation is unbearable.They did an exray and all they told me was that I had some calcification in my pelvis. Well anyways they told me at the er that I need to see a gynocoligist, that it could be ovarian, and they didn't know what to do so they gave me GoLYTLEY to try to give me some relieve from the bloating and constipation..well I came home and drank the GoLYTLEY and no relieve. I am in so much pain, my back hurts, lower stomach and sharp pains in my right side. I have had an ultra sound and they told me that I have a simple cyst on my ovary and a possible fibroid in my uterus but not sure couldn't see it really well. I have been to doctors on top of doctors for this I just don't know what else to do. BTW I have 2 children and one misscarrage. I have had an upper and lower gi in Feb. and it was suppose to have been normal. Ok what I need to know is, is it possible that there could be cancer if they tell me that i have a simple cyst. can they always not detect cancer on ultra sound. while I was at the hopital they told me that my wbc is 20.8 and last Sat. it was 12.8 could this also be a sighn that they are ignoring. can anyone give me any advise what to do next...it is effecting me emotionally and pysically..
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, i was just wondering what TAH is?....i am sorry hear what u have been through and i hope things are working out for u
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Yes, but not by a whole lot.  Also, heartburn is a classic symptom of an ovarian disturbance.  Mine was so bad, I was put on previcid!!  After my surgery the heartburn went away and I have not taken a previcid in over 6 weeks!!!!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
one more ? is it normal for one ovary to be bigger than the other one?
Helpful - 0
ok here is what the ultrasound indicated.my left ovary measures about 2 x 1.1 x 1.1cm and a cyst in left ovary that measures about 1.2 x o.8 xo.75cm.  the right ovary measures about 2.8 x 1.5 x 1.6cm. and a possible fibroid in uterus but can see for sure..diffucult to exclude. free fluid in pelvic and calcification....and there is multiple follicles in my right ovary which indicates ovulation..my stomach looks like i am about 7 months pregnant...and i have heartburns as well.
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
My doctor has told me to take fiber for bloating and constipation. I don't know if its the fiber now or its the circus coming to town again. Right before I start my stomach deflates with ovualtion it reflates. So I'll have to wait and see if the fiber works.
Helpful - 0
Your symptoms sound like mine only it took me almost 5 years three doctors and a final diagnosis to get TAH. I am still recuperating because I just had it 6feb06.But because I didn't want to wait anymore the bleeding was convincing enuf.My Mom had her's @ 38 y/o.But @ 38 I started menopause.Because ovarian,uterus,and cervical cancer run in my family,I went ahead 1 tumor was enuf,but after other problems came up I got scared.My daughter had cervical cancer @ 18.My Dad Died of Colon cancer.The cancer gene is strong enuf.But now I'm worried about bloating.I'm still glad I did.I've had my kids,I'm a Grandma now,I'm turning 47 in May.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hi angel.  Did they tell you if you had a cyst on your ovary.  Dermoid cysts could show calcifications because they can contain teeth and bone.  Dermoids are benign.  They are unfertilized eggs that start to produce cells.  They can also contain hair and skin and some type of oily substance.  These and other cysts can cause GI problems such as bloating and constipation because they grow and push everything out of their way!  Please get a second opinion.  Have the dr do a us and tvus also.  Please keep us posted.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.