Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

anyone know about torsions?

hi i am new here and new to this ,I would like to say any help would be so very grateful.
I am 39 yrs old and a mother of 3 girls 21,12,and 4. I have a very loving husband and have been married for 14 yrs.
I was working nights as a cna for 22 yrs now, just out of work now til we can see what is wrong with me, and i am soooo
scare!
I ended up in the ER friday morning because of low sugar they said it was from not eating and told me to eat 6 small meals a day til it was regulated again. So i did then on that tuesday i had servere right sided pains and ended up in the ER again, this time they did a CT scan and said it looked good except there may be a torsion? I became sick to my stomach and feel light headed all the time now.
I went for a U/S yesterday and she said she couldn't tell me anything but will say she sees what the CT saw. I am scare what is a torsion and are they usually cancerous? Can they make you sick to your stomach? There is a blockage in my tube too i am so frightened by all of this.
I have started to grape jucie although and all sorts of things but i am still sick.
Anyone who can help me please do!
thank you,
tina2367
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
106886 tn?1281291572
Hi, Just when I thought I'd heard of all of the problems one can have with the ovary, I read your post. I was not familiar with torsoins, so I did a google search and found information that I am sure will be helpful to you. I tried to get a web address but it seems the best way to find the site (Health a to z is the site, and it is a dot com, but when I tried to type in the web address, I seemed to get a health insurance site). I did not investigate the address problem further, so I will just give you the best path to the information that I found.

Do a google search, and type in these words (torsions gynecological problems) Now, I did not use parenthesis or quote marks...anyway, once you get to the results, on the first page, look down to the third site. This is the one I checked. The heading is Ovarian Torsions. But, I think it might put your mind at ease, although I applaud you for being proactive. And, it sounds like you are waiting to hear from your doctor about what to do next. It seems that torsion refers to twisting...that the ovary has twisted. Do read on, though, as one thing it mentioned is that the problem can be caused if there is a blockage in the tube (Do read it, as I am not quoting verbatim...and I am a bit tired!)...sounds like there are many reasons women can get them and it usually happens in younger women. Cysts, abnormally long tubes, trauma to the ovary, congestion in the tubes, etc...these are some of the reasons women can get torsions. About 20% are caused because of pregancy, so they often run a pregnancy test, the site said.

Snowy day in Minnesota and many schools are closed....I work with kids so I have a snow day! Feel like a kid. I'm going back to bed! Take care. Let us know how things go for you. Mary
Helpful - 0
I'm sure by now you've looked up "torsion" on the web.  It was the ER doc who used this word?  Did the doc say it was specifically an ovary - or what.  It was the doc who said there was a blockage in the 'tube'?  What tube?  Fallopian tube?

I'd get a copy of those test results, if you don't already have them.  If you don't have an appointment with a physician for follow up, you should make one.

Why are you thinking 'cancer' -- although it's hard not to these days - has there been any recent personal upheaval?

And my God! -- 22 years working nights.  That would make ME sick.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.