Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Had 2nd opinion visit with oncologist gynecologist

I had the appt. with the oncologist gynecologist today, and he basically said the same thing that my regular gynecologist said, that my risk for cancer is very low but there's no way to know for sure without surgery. He did say that the CA-125 test was pretty useless unless the result was really high (mine was normal). He also recommended waiting six weeks and doing another ultrasound to see if it went away on its own. He said if I was a family member, he wouldn't recommend having surgery right now, and that my cyst/mass was so small it wouldn't be bad to wait six weeks even if it was cancer. So, it's going to be six weeks of waiting to see what happens and then go from there. I hate not knowing things for sure!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
It does sound better though hearing it from the onc!  The waiting and not knowing is the worst and we will be here for you.  Keep the faith!  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
It's good the onc feels so confident about it all! I know waiting is the worst part....I was diagnosed with a 5.1cm cyst at my first ultrasound and I had to wait 6wks before getting another one...Hopefully the time will fly by for you and all will be well!!
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.