A
A
A
Close
105530 tn?1279585282

can someone help me?

Mid

HI i was hoping someone can help me.
last July i had a US which that showed that i had Follicle Cyst on right and left Ovary one 3cm the other 1cm.
The Doctor said they are normal and would more then likley to burst.

I have not had a period since Jan (Not pregnant all though if you were to see my tummy you would think other wise I look 5 months.) Pain in the lower abdomen  left side and sometimes on the right pressure on my bladder (no Infection)  it feels like there is a brick there and pressure on my pelvis lower back pain feeling very nauseas and also ingestion constipation, diarrhoea and left shoulder pain.        
I
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
105530 tn?1279585282
Mid

I would just like to say thank you all so very much for your input and  it feels so good to be talking to people that know how others are feeling because they have worn similar  shoes and know what to expect and how to help guide people in the right direction so thank you all.

If my period comes back would that mean the cyst burst if there is one there?

I know once I see the GYN I will feel a lot better which is what I should have done last year after having the US instead of just accepting the GP
Helpful - 0
We've got a quite complicated reproductive system and your symptoms could be a fibroid uterus too.  Regardless, make sure your ultrasound is a transvaginal one.  If those cysts are still there then discuss an exploratory laprascopy with your doctor.  Ovarian cysts shouldn't hang around and the only real way to know what is going on is to go in and take a look.  I don't know if you intend to have any more children, but I was 46 when this happened to me (and after 3 miscarriages my husband and I decided it was God's will to just raise dogs!)  so I gave my doctor permission to go ahead and remove one ovary or both if he thought it was in my best interest.  I ended up having a total hysterectomy....and don't let that scare you either...I didn't grow a beard or lose my libido!!!  I was getting hot flashes, but Wellbutrin has taken care of that!  Ah, gotta love those drugs! :)   So, make sure your doctor listens and does what YOU want!    Good Luck and God Bless.
Helpful - 0
I was told that I had a likely "functional cyst" - even though the scans showed something w/ debris in it and was also told that it would go away.  ha ha ha.  I had symptoms really similar to what you describe - including my pd stopping. this was over a period of months.  I just turned 44 - so then I was told I was in menopause (overnight)!  Anyway, I had surgery almost 2 wks ago and it was an endometrioma.  As the others on here said, don't freak out if the thing has gotten bigger (mine did and I did freak out).  They can bleed into themselves and get bigger while we "watch and wait".  I would ask your Dr about waiting any longer if the u/s shows it is still there considering your age.  Usually in "older" women like us, it is advised to remove them if they linger too long. I think yours would certainly qualify if it is still there, which it sounds like it is.  As soon as I got mine removed, my bloating finally disappeared and all the horrible other symptoms did too.  Best wishes.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Also, I would like to add that 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  Perhaps a 2nd opinion is called for here.  Remember pain is not an option!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Normal follicular cysts should not cause the problems that you are experiencing.  However, your symptoms, including  the lack of your period, read much like the symptoms that I had from a large endometrioma (also called "chocolate cyst").   So, do not be surprised if your  upcoming ultrasound report indicates that you do have a larger cyst now.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.